PDA

View Full Version : Baby Cache/Munire Made Where?

Indianamom2
05-17-2009, 01:19 PM
So after my Jardine crib got recalled, I bought a Baby Cache crib (made by Munire furniture).

We put it together yesterday and it looks great, but I noticed that it clearly says "Made in Indonesia". The company address was somewhere in NJ, but I was under the impression that this crib was made here in the USA. I'm a little frustrated because our recalled crib was made in Taiwan and I know how that turned out.

Is this something new or have they always been made outside the US and I just didn't know it?

Christina

sunflowercat
06-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Hi Christina,

Munire furniture used to be manf in the US. We made our first Munire purcahse in 2006 and those pieces were made in the USA. Sometime afterwards they switched their manf facilities to Indonesia, because the pieces we purcahsed in 2008 were made in Indonesia.

Hope this helps!
Nora

crimscrem
06-07-2009, 06:28 PM
So after my Jardine crib got recalled, I bought a Baby Cache crib (made by Munire furniture).

We put it together yesterday and it looks great, but I noticed that it clearly says "Made in Indonesia". The company address was somewhere in NJ, but I was under the impression that this crib was made here in the USA. I'm a little frustrated because our recalled crib was made in Taiwan and I know how that turned out.

Is this something new or have they always been made outside the US and I just didn't know it?

Christina

I believe one line of Munire was made in the US a couple of years ago, but I think they are all made in Indonesia. The pieces are still made using hardwoods. For example, the Newport line is mahogany. I really wouldn't worry too much about it being made in Indonesia.

BTW, Munire's customer service is incredible. We had a couple of pieces that were involved in the Munire Newport recall this year, and Munire was great in working with us. They went out of their way to ensure we were well taken care of. They made the process very easy for us, and really went out of their way. that's what made our decision to buy another bedroom set from Munire for our second child.