PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor play area

Melissa Dallas
05-17-2009, 02:42 PM
I am looking for ideas for an outdoor play area for 6 month DD. She sits up well and rolls- I don't think crawling is too far away... Her sitter takes the kids outside for an hour or two in the summer (shaded). We are trying to come up with something that will take little to no time for her to set up, possibly just stay outside (she has three other kids) and that will allow her room to move.

We've thought about a play yard (the gate type) with an outdoor blanket (to be taken in and out) and a tarp underneath or one of the playtents. She's already tried just a blanket, but she likes to investigate (I'm hoping not eat!) the grass so we need some borders. I'd really appreciate any suggestions! :)

tmarie
05-22-2009, 10:17 AM
We are looking for a similar solution. My dd#2 is 11mo. We have a play yard and I have dragged it outside and placed it over a blanket/picnic mat. The only problem was that dd got fussy after a very short while and wanted to get out and crawl/chase the big kids. But if your dc is only 6mo and you start using it now, I bet they'll adjust and do fine. I've been hunting for more ideas...will post if I come up with anymore!

tmarie

WatchingThemGrow
05-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Things I've used to contain younger ones outside:
-exersaucer/kolcraft walker thing
-superyard with a picnic blanket underneath
-learn and groove table in the superyard
-swing (on the swingset)