PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my children's behavior

blisstwins
05-17-2009, 03:34 PM
My 4 yo son learned to whistle a while ago and he won't stop. I mean he whistles ALL.DAY.LONG. and it is making me crazy. Both he and his sister started to have sleep issues about 2 weeks ago. He can't fall asleep before 10ish (I put him in bed about 8:15) and his sis now wakes up 2 hours earlier than before. They are tired and cranky all day and so am I. Then add the whistling. I really cannot take it much longer. Any ideas?

jren
05-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Personally, I wouldn't do anything about the whistling. To me, that's just being a kid. Maybe send him outside, or even better in the garage or shower where his whistle would really echo for him. Now, if he were doing it in church or school, would have to stop it there.

I put DD in bed around the same time, she's 5, but many nights she won't fall asleep until hours later. She can stay in the room and read with the lamp on as long as she doesn't leave the room (except to take herself to the bathroom). She's usually pretty good about not coming downstairs after bedtime. Can't help you with the waking early thing! Sorry...