PDA

View Full Version : need help chosing a fundraiser donation

JenaW
05-17-2009, 08:35 PM
DS's school has an annual fundraiser auction each year, and each family is asked to donate
(a) one item worth $50 (or $50 cash)
(b) item(s) towards the classroom baskets. C's class themes are Thanksgiving and Bathrooms.

I am at a loss. I have no clue on the $50 item and am contemplating just giving cash so they can pick out whatever they want, but I feel like that is taking the easy way out. For the theme baskets I was thinking candles? Pentzy's spices? Some nice hand towels? I really have no idea what people would bid on. Can anyone help??

Thanks
J

JBaxter
05-17-2009, 09:00 PM
I did a cheep basket w/ 2 bottles of wine for our basket bingo fundraiser. The wine was nice but was gifted to us and we dont drink reds LOL

MMEand1
05-17-2009, 09:13 PM
My DS's class did an Italian basket with all kinds of stuff Italian. I have also seen BBQ baskets, craft baskets, kitchen gadget baskets, spa night baskets, movie night baskets, and a Breast Cancer Awareness basket. Let me know if you have any questions regarding items in any of the baskets.

Good luck and have fun with it!

ETA: Sorry, misunderstood your post and reread it for clarification...those are two tough themes. I would just go with the cash!

deannanb
05-17-2009, 09:49 PM
you could try going to some places in your area and asking them to donate a $50 gift certificate for the fund raiser - restaurants? hair salon, starbucks, bookstore

baymom
05-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Thanksgiving is a hard theme--especially shopping for that in May! For the bathroom theme, how about a kit to do your kids's bathroom. For example, a ducky shower curtain, ducky towels, ducky decals (the kind you stick on and then an peel off without ruining the paint), ducky soap pump bottle, ducky toothbrush holder...something along those lines? I would bid on that!

JenaW
05-18-2009, 07:17 AM
you could try going to some places in your area and asking them to donate a $50 gift certificate for the fund raiser - restaurants? hair salon, starbucks, bookstore

I didn't even think of that! Thanks!

J

JenaW
05-18-2009, 07:18 AM
I did a cheep basket w/ 2 bottles of wine for our basket bingo fundraiser. The wine was nice but was gifted to us and we dont drink reds LOL

I thought about wine, but they specifically said ONE item worth $50, and I would have no clue how to pick a good wine without just going into a wine store and saying, "Can I have a $50 bottle?!"

Regifted stuff would be wonderful (and was even suggested) if we had anything like that!

JenaW
05-18-2009, 07:19 AM
My DS's class did an Italian basket with all kinds of stuff Italian. I have also seen BBQ baskets, craft baskets, kitchen gadget baskets, spa night baskets, movie night baskets, and a Breast Cancer Awareness basket. Let me know if you have any questions regarding items in any of the baskets.

Good luck and have fun with it!

ETA: Sorry, misunderstood your post and reread it for clarification...those are two tough themes. I would just go with the cash!

My thoughts exactly! I wish we could do whatever basket we wanted. Your ideas are great. I will clarify again, but I am fairly certain they want ONE item worth $50 plus some other items to add to the classroom baskets with specified themes.

JenaW
05-18-2009, 07:20 AM
Thanksgiving is a hard theme--especially shopping for that in May! For the bathroom theme, how about a kit to do your kids's bathroom. For example, a ducky shower curtain, ducky towels, ducky decals (the kind you stick on and then an peel off without ruining the paint), ducky soap pump bottle, ducky toothbrush holder...something along those lines? I would bid on that!

I love your bathroom idea. I am going to Target today after the kids get off to school. Thanks so much!

J