PDA

View Full Version : "Just remember what blessings they are..."

twowhat?
05-18-2009, 03:33 AM
I KNOW what blessings my twins are. You don't have to REMIND me of it. When I complain that I haven't slept in months because it's either one baby or the other who is up crying, sick, or whatever...I don't need you to tell me "Just remember how lucky you are". As if I were some ungrateful moron.

Melaine
05-18-2009, 07:05 AM
That would be annoying;I haven't gotten that a lot. People usually just remind me of how exhausted I am!

TonFirst
05-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Then just remember my favorite prayer:

...God, grant me the patience to endure my blessings ; )

And then drink a big glass of wine.

AJP
05-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Ugggg...I hate that too! It's like - would you tell that to an exhausted mom of a singleton who was complaining of no sleep? Only the multiple moms need to be reminded b/c we're clearly clueless to what our blessings are....the best is when strangers say it. I'd like to respond with I know I'm blessed with a house too, but its a bitch to keep clean, blessed with a dog who makes for lots of messes, blessed with a DH who works, but I complain that I never see him etc....I KNOW what MY blessings are. WTF are you to tell me??? LOL

Momof3Labs
05-18-2009, 09:04 AM
It's like - would you tell that to an exhausted mom of a singleton who was complaining of no sleep?

Yes, they most definitely do!!!

MamaMolly
05-18-2009, 05:26 PM
The twist I get on that is because we had/have fertility problems and worked HARD to get pregnant then I shouldn't complain either. Like I ought to be *extra* grateful.

Poop on them.

Parenting is hard, no matter what. Everybody should be able to blow off steam, It doesn't automatically equal ingratitude, you know?

AlbrightRC
05-19-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm getting the same thing. First time parent and our son is adopted hope about 3 and a half weeks ago from Ethiopia at 10months old. Yes I know how lucky and blessed I am..I have wanted a child for as long as i can remember..i have been to hell and back and spent a year and a half after that in the adoption process..i took a 15 hour flight to ethiopia..16-17 hour trip home to get my precious son. I love him more then life itself but i'm still exhausted and I still need my sleep...the blessing of a child does not make up for lost sleep.
Sorry to hijack your post haha.

DietCokeLover
05-19-2009, 02:17 PM
I actually called a girl friend of mine this morning and asked her to remind me how we were about 7 years ago...... Single, in our 30's, really wanting to be married, really wanting to be mommy's, lonely and bored......

She reminded me. It was a great reminder, but heck, I'm still tired!

maestramommy
05-20-2009, 06:33 PM
That kinda ranks up there with "cherish this time, because it'll be over so quickly!" Not in my world:p

SpaceGal
05-20-2009, 11:23 PM
I don't have twins but I have three kids and when I mention how tired or exhausted I am my own mother will tell me well you wanted a big family. UGH shut up mom!

gatorsmom
05-20-2009, 11:27 PM
I don't have twins but I have three kids and when I mention how tired or exhausted I am my own mother will tell me well you wanted a big family. UGH shut up mom!

This sounds EXACTLY like something my mom would have said. Moms know just the right buttons to push dont they?

And to the OP, I feel your pain. I've had that said to me and at the worst possible moment. I just wanted to slap the lady silly.