PDA

View Full Version : DD Headache?

ChefGirl
05-18-2009, 07:50 AM
DD ran into our room saying her head hurst early Saturday morning. I felt her head and knew that she had a headache. We gave her Tylenol to make her comfortable to sleep through the night. Now, she had a fever all day Saturday around 100.3 and lower.... she was just not herself....no other symptoms....

I have to admit she loves her medicine.....she refused to nap on Saturday so she ended up cranky and went to bed early with her medicine.

She didn't have a fever on Sunday. She napped and woke saying her head hurts again. But, with no fever....

here is the question....do I worry about her "headache"???? I know she has a had a couple of time waking up from naps and saying her head hurts at school. DH thinks she's fine....me on the other hand, thinks she needs a CAT scan....just kidding. well....sort of kidding...

Any of you had any similiar experience? I'm waiting to see how she feels this morning to determine wether to send her to school/day care....Ugh!

Thanks.

pinkmomagain
05-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Hmmm...well, the first thing I thought of was strep. Often times strep can involve a headache and fever, also a stomach ache. And it can be really tricky, sometimes the throat isn't to red or bothersome....and sometimes a kid can have a red painful throat and it turns out not to be strep but something viral. I know that the peds at my dc's practice are always shaking their heads at how weird strep can be.

I'd just keep an eye on things and if it persists today, maybe at least give a call to the ped and see if they think you should bring her in.

GL!!!

fauve01
05-18-2009, 11:16 AM
My DD hasn't had a three-day headache, but I have! mine is usually connected to the weather and allergies.

Hope your dd is feeling better. If not, I would call the ped and see what they say.

Anne + DD 10-03