PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving?

drcap
05-18-2009, 08:11 AM
Hi! I am trying to plan a week at WDW. I do not function well in hot weather or in crowds, but I'm also trying to minimize the amount of time I take DS out of school.

I have already been advised to avoid Christmas week (thank you!), but can anyone tell me what the crowds are like at Thanksgiving? I would probably be talking about going from the Wednesday before Thanksgiving to the Monday or Tuesday after.

Please, experienced Disney-goers, tell me what you think.

Thanks!

egoldber
05-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Thanksgiving is another very, very busy week. The busiest weeks are Spring break time, Christmas week and Thanksgiving.

We have a long school weekend in early November and that is when we tend to go now. We take 1-2 days off of school on each side of the break, turning a 4 day weekend into a week. This works for us with minimal disruption to her school schedule.

JTsMom
05-18-2009, 08:48 AM
:yeahthat:, but the week after Thanksgiving is one of the slowest, so your Monday and Tues would be great. We were there on the Sunday after last year, and the crowds were low that day as well- we stayed for 8 days. So, if you could stretch a little further- say, arrive Saturday night, be ready to go first thing Sunday morning, and stay a couple more days, you'd be in great shape! The weather was gorgeous, the lines were short, and the holiday decorations were amazing. :)

ETA: That's also the beginning of value season.

cindys
05-18-2009, 11:36 AM
We go every year the week after Thanksgiving...We leave the day after and usually stay 7-8 days...That Fri and the weekend are a little busy but by Mon the crowds are low and its perfect...

The weather is usually great that time of year and the park is all decorated for Christmas.

codex57
05-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Last THanksgiving, it was very, very crowded. It normally is, but it was pretty crazy. Btw dealing with our 1 yr old (at the time) and an elderly MIL, we only managed to get in 2 rides and the shows/parades.

My neighbor went about a month ago and the lines on a non-holiday weekend were much shorter. He said Space Mountain and other popular rides only had about a 15 min wait.

klwa
05-20-2009, 06:47 AM
Depending on your school's schedule, if they have a break around MLK day, it's no where NEAR as bad as Thanksgiving, and still cool (sometimes cold). We went then last year.