PDA

View Full Version : Highchairs

first_timer
05-18-2009, 01:46 PM
What brand/model highchair do/did you have and would you recommend it?
Thanks.

BTW, I'm not looking for a wooden one or a space saver style, just a regular stand alone highchair that reclines.

new_mommy25
05-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Fisher Price Healthy Care. I loved it so much I bought two!

lorinick
05-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Chicco. And we still like it.

lowrioh
05-18-2009, 03:30 PM
We have the Graco Contempo and so far we have been happy with it.

eliasmom
05-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Fisher Price Healthy Care. Soooo easy to clean, definitely reduces mess and reclines very nicely. Garish pattern kept DD entertained beyond belief. She recently saw an old photo of herself in it as a baby and asked for it, so I guess she liked it a lot. ;)

first_timer
05-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Thank you.

Chicco. And we still like it.
I am seriously considering the Chicco Polly, but have been concerned about many negative reviews. Do you find it difficult to keep clean? What pattern do you have? Thanks.

ETA: I have been hearing so many good things about the FP Healthy Care, but the patterns are exactly what have been steering me away. Maybe I should just get over that.

zag95
05-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Fisher Price Healthy care HC- We have the Rainforest pattern- DD loves it (she's almost 16 mos old!)

Seriously, the more brightly colored and "loud" the better babies like it!

What I love about it- heavy plasticated seat cushion makes cleaning a breeze! trust me- you want it to just wipe right up!

easy to pop off the straps and soak to get out any stains.

I like the easy feature of having the fixed "bump" between the legs- it is easy to get the tray off and on-

Ours came with an addl tray and a toy, for entertaining baby while mommy gets the food on!

I'd suggest taking baby to sit in the chairs and see where it hits- trial can help you make a decision!!! Imagine putting baby in and out with one hand, while you hold the tray!

WatchingThemGrow
05-19-2009, 06:43 AM
We have been extremely happy with the PP Prima Diner in a solid oatmeal color. It has been in our kitchen for almost 3 years and will be for close to 2 more, and I have not tired of the neutral leatherette.

The complaint people had with it was that the tray was far from the seat, but we have found it to work PERFECTLY with a Bjorn Bib to catch all the stuff. Being able to remove the cushion and wash it periodically, along with the straps (I soak one set ON the chair), makes it looks like new.

larig
05-19-2009, 03:29 PM
I have the polly, and i don't have any problems cleaning it. I will say that the tray seem high. it forces ds to lift his arms up super high to self feed. frankly, I think it my be discouraging him. It's sad, because I love everything else about it, especially the style.

arivecchi
05-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Love the Chicco Polly. I clean it regularly with wipes.

lorinick
05-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Thank you.

I am seriously considering the Chicco Polly, but have been concerned about many negative reviews. Do you find it difficult to keep clean? What pattern do you have? Thanks.

ETA: I have been hearing so many good things about the FP Healthy Care, but the patterns are exactly what have been steering me away. Maybe I should just get over that.

I can see how it could be hard to clean the tray the crack that runs around the tray. I don't find it to be that hard. We have been using it for 21 mts. now. We love how much it reclined and used it from birth. We have the Discovery print it's green. It is a great looking seat.

first_timer
05-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks, I bought the Polly today in the Discovery print. I like the print a lot.