PDA

View Full Version : There are not enough....

Melaine
05-18-2009, 01:57 PM
twisty straws, Prozac, or Febreze to fix this terrible, awful, horrible, no-good, very bad day.

WHY why is it the days when I have my sights set SO high on getting SO much done that the entire world seems against me. Let's go chronologically, shall we...

6:00 AM Stupid beagle wakes me up, running around the room. Take off her collar so it will stop jingling, then put her on my bed (DH leaves early for work). She proceeds to jump up and down and run around the house so that I cannot fall asleep.

6:35 AM I fall back asleep finally, right before DDs wake up in a typically crabby mood.

6:50 AM Try to entice the girls with TV, but wind up having to fix breakfast and feed them in the living room.

7:30 AM Try to entice girls with TV AGAIN to no avail. Decide to get ready for the inevitable Walmart trip.

9:30 AM Finally ready for the stupid Walmart trip. Leave front door.

9:45 AM Leave drive-way. Yes, it does take that long, I swear.

10:00 AM Re-discover timeless truth: Walmart sucks. They just suck. HUGE whopping Super Walmart with only two, count them, TWO double carts. Thought I was lucky to find one then realized it was soaking wet. Get cart dried off, then realize straps are broken. Too late to back out now. DDs ride STANDING in the front of the double cart.

10:15 AM Tell DDs 27 thousand times to not stand on the seat. Stand on the floor of the little front cart car thingy. DO NOT STAND ON SEAT.

10:45 AM Criss-cross ginormous store finding about half of the items I actually needed, forgetting the other half. Tell DDs DO NOT STAND ON SEAT.

11:00 AM Spend 15 minutes locating a manager to politely suggest, ask, or beg, that the store "invest" in at least 2 working double carts. Manager looks at me as if I am a little OCD and then asks how old they are. "UMmmmm. Old enough to need to be buckled into a cart, and not old enough to walk along side it."

11:15 AM Unload groceries, get DDs into house, take incessantly barking dog outside, try to start chopping veggies to put in crock pot for soup. Turn around and DDs have sprinkled flour on roughly half of the contents of our pantry, and generously dusted themselves as well. Close door on pantry and try to forget that.

12:00 PM Give DDs lunch, realize (once it is too late) that all ingredients will not fit into crock pot. Recipe is probably now ruined as I haphazardly scoop out "half" of the ingredients.

12:10 PM Stupidly decide it is a good time to clean out fridge, so pull out most of fridge stuff all over the kitchen which is already covered in groceries, half chopped soup ingredients removed from pot and flour. Decide I should either clean out fridge much more often, or never.

12:25 PM Girls have taken applesauce and milk and made a paste that is now coating chairs and table, and their flour-dredged dresses, that, might I add, were new until today. DD1 cries because I refuse to replace milk she has deliberately poured all over kitchen.

12:30 PM Clean girls off, strip dirty clothes. DD2 cries that I will not let her continue living in filthy dress. Trash can is starting to smell from fridge which is still open and half scrubbed out. Counter is now covered in empty cans, choppings, half of ruined soup and the contents of fridge.

12:40 PM Something SMELLS. BEAGLE HAS POOPED IN LIVING ROOM. DDs are screaming in horror, still naked. Fridge is still open, food is all over kitchen. Applesauce/Milk paste is covering furniture. It gets worse.

12:45 PM Realize too late that BEAGLE HAS stepped in poop and tracked it on rug and floor. Capture beagle and cage her, while telling her of all the places she could live that would make me quite happy, realizing all the while that I will now have to bathe beagle and clean cage. DD1 starts crying because apparently, she has wet her diaper and that just CANNOT WAIT. Clean poop off of floor, apply carpet cleaner to rug and search fearfully for more.

1:00 PM Take girls to bedroom, change them, dress them and put them in bed for nap. Sigh in relief, start to leave bedroom. See poop-covered Croc (Croc Mammoth OF COURSE) in corner and realize the poop has now been theoretically spread from living room, down hall, and into girls' room, covering throw rugs, laminate floor, and carpeting in it's journey.

1:15 PM Cook chicken pot pie, fattiest food item I could find in freezer and eat it with a taboo Mt. Dew. Decide we must move to get away from the omnipresent poop.

Thanks if you hung on till the end. I think getting off Prozac was a huge mistake.

AJP
05-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Oh my goodness! You deserve more than twisty straws, prozac & febreeze today! (((Melanie)))
I am lol over here b/c I am scared sh*@less that this will be me writing this post soon! I figure if I lol it will disguise the fear and my girls won't smell it! Because you do know that they can smell it right??? The need you have to get things done, the need for a calm day...they smell it, and seek & destroy every ounce of ambition you may have had. Just like the dogs do. My dog can smell a freshly vacumed rug or sheets etc...she loves to roll around them and get her hair on anything clean. I seriously catch her doing this minutes after I vacum but never say 4 days after I vacum!!!!
Have you thought of setting up video camera and just recording how your days go sometimes? Then when your girls grow up and start thinking about having kids you can break out the tapes and scare them. Better yet wait till they are already pg!!!!!!
Huge hugs, hope the fatty food helps. I save my junkiest fattiest food items in the freezer for these special occasions. Keep up the good work! I'm looking up to all of you MoM's to teach me a thing or 2 for the future!!!

AJP
05-18-2009, 02:36 PM
I have to add....I kept reading and saying "Tell me there's a nap in here somewhere!" Thank God for that!

lorinick
05-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Wow after listening to your day I feel like I need a nap and a drink.

Melaine
05-18-2009, 02:53 PM
I have to add....I kept reading and saying "Tell me there's a nap in here somewhere!" Thank God for that!

The Lord knows that I need naptime. I mean that completely reverently.

AJP, I still say you have gotten past the worst part, if that is at all encouraging.

gobadgers
05-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Oh MY. And the days with only a few problems, suddenly seem blissful. Here's hoping you're through the worst part too (of TODAY!).

Piglet
05-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Okay, you might have had a bad day, but you can totally bank on a career in writing! I enjoyed reading your post - it was like a great mommy lit book! Sorry you had a bad morning, but please keep this post in your memory box for when the girls are older.

bubbaray
05-18-2009, 03:14 PM
I have sooooo been there (thankfully, not recently). Our lab (see avatar) will eat anything rubber. It is usually then puked up a few hours later. If not, it settles into his intestines and ends up being pooped out. Sooooo much fun. NOT! I love my dog, but man, not at those times. The best one was when he had a puking/pooping fest while the rest of us had the stomach flu.... Ugh.

eliasmom
05-18-2009, 03:43 PM
OMG, I am SO sorry! I cannot believe that was only HALF of your day. I think you need an IV of a special drink rather than a twisty straw... and maybe a spa day?!

WatchingThemGrow
05-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Hey, the girls are alive. That's always an accomplishment during a day like that!

About the double shopping cart thing.....ughhh! I hear you! For a few months, my first stop at the grocery, at Sam's and at Target was ALWAYS to tell them to FIX the FREAKING SHOPPING CARTS so people with multiple children can shop safely. I got mean about it and wrote to Sam's corporate. They have them now, and they leave them in the parking lot next to parking spots :) At the grocery, I always find a cart boy and kindly ask him to bring me one. Lazy, I know...

MontrealMum
05-18-2009, 03:59 PM
:hug: I'm tired just reading that! I hope you're napping now :)

daisymommy
05-18-2009, 04:44 PM
I am SO-SORRY! Does it help to know that if you read your post in a month it will bring giggles to your face? :wink2: And really, I thought I was the only one that had cr@ppy days like that.

MamaMolly
05-18-2009, 05:17 PM
snip...
Have you thought of setting up video camera and just recording how your days go sometimes? Then when your girls grow up and start thinking about having kids you can break out the tapes and scare them....snip

Forget that! Tape it and show it to them when they are old enough to think about having $ex. That might be the best birth control ever!

:54: here you are, my dear. And ITA, Walmart id a vortex of evil designed to make you cry or smack someone. You are a gifted funny writer. As painful as your day was, we can all relate and it really was fun to read. Give it time and I think you'll agree.

misshollygolightly
05-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Oh my. All I can think of to say to that is, "some days are like that, even in Australia" (courtesy of Alexander). I sure hope the rest of the day turned out much better--as in, DH brought you a box of Godiva chocolates, the cleaning fairy showed up on your doorstep, and you won the lottery.

SnuggleBuggles
05-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Oh my goodness. That is just awful. I sincerely hope things improved after that nap!!!

Beth

Melaine
05-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks everyone! After my long vent, things actually did start to improve. Thank heaven that DH gets off early on Mondays and the soup was actually edible, although nothing like Olive Garden's Pasta Fagioli as the recipe indicated. Why would I suspect that 1 recipe wouldn't fit into a rather large size crock pot anyway?!
The house is back in reasonable shape and I even opened the windows to air it out just for good measure although I am still feeling very angry feelings towards the dog. DH was very sympathetic although I don't think he grasped the utter desperation I was feeling around noon, but what do I expect?
I actually do love to write and I guess if every day was this horrendous I would have plenty of material!

Staraglimmer
05-18-2009, 08:05 PM
aww I hope tomorrow is better!

tnrnchick74
05-18-2009, 08:31 PM
I TOTALLY understand! I had the dog situation at 2 am the other day! Now kick back with your adult beverage of choice, grab a twisty straw and some animal crackers...hell, forget animal crackers and load up on ice cream!

DietCokeLover
05-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Melaine, you and I must have had similar days. Mine was Saturday and it was minus the dog. Instead of the dog, I had motel guests who had way too much to drink and couldn't seem to find their keys at 12:30 am, 12:50 am, 1:20 am and 2:30 am.

I hope you took some pictures of the girls covered in flour, applesauce and milk!

MCsMom
05-19-2009, 03:28 AM
Wow OP.
That was one of the scariest and funniest posts I have EVER read.
I am equally exhausted and entertained after reading that:thumbsup: