PDA

View Full Version : Oh gosh, I'm dreading this...

gatorsmom
05-18-2009, 04:00 PM
I dont' know how I didn't see this on the calendar but our part-time nanny AND my husband will be gone next week. She's taking vacation and he will be gone on a work trip. All.friggin.week. AND the boys have their end-of-the year performance next Thursday during the twins naptime. Oh joy. AND it is the week for the cleaning crew to come which means I will have to make sure everything is picked up and put away while they are here.

Someone in this house is NOT going to survive next week, I can already see it. Good thing we don't have pets.

sste
05-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Well, as you know from my recent posts, I have some experience with this! I wish I could tell you that I found all these wonderful and healthful ways of coping. In reality, I stocked up on Trader Joes red wine and had a LOVELY glass each evening (or on the bad days one in the late afternoon).

Also, is it possible for you to get a part-time sitter or mother's helper for a few afternoons? Just someone who can be in the house for a few hours so you can shower and eat and do a few errands and feel roughly human?!!

gatorsmom
05-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Well, as you know from my recent posts, I have some experience with this! I wish I could tell you that I found all these wonderful and healthful ways of coping. In reality, I stocked up on Trader Joes red wine and had a LOVELY glass each evening (or on the bad days one in the late afternoon).

Also, is it possible for you to get a part-time sitter or mother's helper for a few afternoons? Just someone who can be in the house for a few hours so you can shower and eat and do a few errands and feel roughly human?!!

I think I will get through this the way I usually do- with very little sleep and lots of caffeine. :) Although, I think I'm going to schedule my day-spa visit ahead of time this time....

SnuggleBuggles
05-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Anyone you can go and stay with? That's what my friend with 4 does when she finds herself w/o childcare- she travels to her parents', his parents' her cousins'...she goes somewhere so she can have even a glimmer of help.

Very best of luck!!!

Beth

DrSally
05-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Oh no! Any way you can skip cleaning for a week so you can just go into survival mode for the week and not have to worry about the house?