PDA

View Full Version : Your fave (cute) wipeable bag?

spj123
05-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Not sure if "wipeable" if a word but you know what I mean. Right now I'm thinking the Fleurville Sling Tote or Lexie Tote but those are really the only ones I'm aware of. Some bags I'm looking at say "wipe-clean" in the description but they don't look plastic-y like the Fleurville bags but it's hard to tell from the pics.. not that I like the look of that (I don't) but I get everything dirty and want something that will really wipe clean. Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

Oh and looking for something relatively large (infant and toddler), that is or can be used as a messenger-style bag.

mamaoftwins
05-18-2009, 10:46 PM
How about a Ju Ju Be BeAll? http://www.ju-ju-be.com/our_products.asp?prodid=beall

I just got a BeTween (after looking at them for months!!)

:)

ETA: here's a list of their bag features: http://www.ju-ju-be.com/smartfeatures.html

ang79
05-19-2009, 08:05 AM
I agree, JuJuBe's are great because most dirt you can wipe off with a baby wipe or magic eraser. If those don't work, then you can use shout and machine wash them! The BeAll is their larger messenger bag. I have the Packabe which can be used as a shoulder bag or a backpack (it converts very easily) and I can pack for a long outting for two kids under 3.

I like the looks of the FV bags (shape, style, colors) but when I got a sling tote I didn't like the laminated outside, too shiny and seemed to scream diaper bag to me. But they are cute, functional bags and most mamas like that they are wipeable. I could pack my ST for 2-3 hr. long outtings for two, but if you pack a lot it would be a tight fit. I think the Lexie is a bit bigger.

I have a Babymel Amanda that is a nylon exterior and wipes clean and its my main bag for my infant and toddler. I also like the FV ReRun bags which wipe clean but they are made from recycled bottles so the material feels like the material on a backpack and does not have the plastic coating. I've heard you can scotch guard them to help protect them as well. The Hana is similar to my Babymel Amanda but the strap does not adjust as long to wear it cross-body. The Lark is a good sized tote bag. They also make another messenger bag.

Lexie Barnes bags are also wipeable. She no longer sells them on her site, but you can find new or gently used ones on the babybags yahoo group. The older ones are more like the fleurville bags and the newest ones are a sleeker fabric that seems to wipe off pretty well with a baby wipe. The Darling is more of a square shape but very stuffable and you can wear the strap messenger style. The Superstar is a larger messenger style bag.

Petunia Picklebottom also has some "glazed" bags that are wipeable. Never tried one but I've heard good things about them. The touring tote might not be big enough for two small ones, but the Boxy Backpack (converts from shoulder bag to backpack like the packabe) may be big enough.

Good luck!

athompson
05-19-2009, 10:17 PM
I second the Lexie Barnes bags, I have the Darling and I LOVE it.

ang79
05-19-2009, 10:35 PM
I second the Lexie Barnes bags, I have the Darling and I LOVE it.

I'm still trying to decide if I really like mine. Its one of the newest ones, Pacifica. I've packed it up in the house and it can certainly hold a lot and is extremely lightweight. Just not sure if I'm in love w/ the print, material, or shape....

spj123
05-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks all! :) Now I'm leaning toward the Babymel Amanda or Storksak Emily (so $$ but I love that Rococo print! If anyone knows what I'm talking about do you think this print is too springy for an all-year bag? I so am not usually a bag person so I have no clue)..

Do you guys think these two would be easy enough to keep clean?

Oh, and the JuJuBe's and Lexie Barnes look like awesome bags, I'm just liking the style of these other ones more.

ang79
05-20-2009, 09:44 PM
I vote Babymel Amanda! The Emily looks like a nice bag but its quite pricey and I've read others say that the trim on it can flake/crack on certain colors. If you do a google search or check the babybags yahoo group you may be able to find the Amanda for under $50 and I've had no problem keeping mine clean and looking new.

Good luck!

spj123
05-20-2009, 11:04 PM
Thanks ang79! I am leaning toward the Amanda too, just have to find a print I like.. And I signed up to join that yahoo group tonight so hopefully I'll be able to find a good deal! Thanks for all your help! :)

ang79
05-21-2009, 07:49 AM
Thanks ang79! I am leaning toward the Amanda too, just have to find a print I like.. And I signed up to join that yahoo group tonight so hopefully I'll be able to find a good deal! Thanks for all your help! :)

Good luck! I have the turquoise leaf and its so pretty! Tried the Fushia one but the flowers were a bit too bold and bright for my taste, still a pretty bag though. Once you're on the yahoo group post an ISO, as I think there were some floating around for sale recently.

Lindymagoo
05-23-2009, 02:48 PM
The JJB's are awesome......they wash up so nice.......

I carry a lot of their pieces as a purse, (Be Smart, BeSpicy, Large Be Set, Be Small) and people are shocked when I tell them they are actually a diaper bag, AND that I can machine wash any of them!

aajamu
05-28-2009, 02:03 PM
PPB glazed really wipe clean, and the changing pad is detachable and you can just wash that (or at least I do, and air or drip dry overnight). Interior is easy to wipe, too. I'm a huge fan of the boxy backpacks because they are comfortable in backpack, shoulder, or messenger configuration (I've worn all ways), are well made, and the latest ones have fantastic organization. Side pockets are tall and wide, and there are interior bottle pockets too. Large enough to carry what you need for an infant and toddler but not gigantic.

I've owned LB bags and found that the older oilcloth was easier to wipe than the newer nylon. For an infant and toddler, I'd suggest a Superstar. I've owned a Babymel Amanda but the weird plastic shower curtain smell was a bit much so I returned it (plus it was too small for carrying things around for 2 kids). Storksak bags in general are pretty awesome, but I'd recommend black since sometimes the leather trim can wear down and you can easily cover up the scuffs on the leather with black permanent marker (you can't do that with the other colors). Claire or Emily should work well for you. Keep in mind that they are medium sized bags, and not great for longer outings.

Sling Totes are wipeable, but no bottle pockets. Just absurd to me. There is a sling-tote wanna be on the market called the JJ Cole Mode Tote - looks like the Sling Tote but bigger and with a side bottle pocket. It's not as high quality as ST, but it would probably suit your needs and is wipeable. Cocoa Tree is an adorable print, too.

seedoubleyou
06-10-2009, 10:38 PM
I love Jujube bags they're really colorful but they're heavy when empty, so I find myself using Kipling's Defea often it's not only wipeable it's completely machine washable and dryer safe. I've a bright pink one, I wash it like twice a month and color still holds up good.

firsttimemama
06-10-2009, 11:19 PM
One of my friends has the PPB glazed one and it doesn't look like it's wipeable at all to me (it is, but doesn't *look* it, doesn't look plastic-y)