PDA

View Full Version : What is the most practical double stroller for mall crawling?

OctoberPrincess
05-19-2009, 10:37 AM
I will have a newborn and 16 month old in the fall and would like a good suggestion for a double that is most practical for walking the mall and short walks around the block. I would definitely want something that is easy to fold and not terrible to lift. If it accepts a Graco car seat it would be nice but that's not a requirement.

swissair81
05-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Offhand, the three light weight strollers that first come to mind are: maclaren techno twin/twin triumph, combi, and baby jogger city mini.
of those I think you should go with the baby jogger. it has the simplest fold, it is car seat compatible, it weighs 26 lbs but isn't flimsy. i have one & when I got it, I was astounded at how small & how wonderful it was.

codex57
05-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Baby Jogger City Mini hands down.

With two kids, you've got your hands full. You wanna be able to hang all your crap off the stroller to keep your hands free. The balance of a Mac makes that hard (and heaven forbid you should take one of the kids out) and I'd be afraid the Combi would collapse.

Then you throw in the fold of the BJCM vs the others...

WatchingThemGrow
05-19-2009, 08:55 PM
What's your neighborhood walking surface like? Ours is rather rough (no sidewalks) and our Elite with air tires does a better job for all involved. We like the Mini for some things, but the Elite for outside, for sure.

FWIW, most mall-crawling came to a halt when I had my 2 just under 18 mos apart. It was just too difficult to time naps, nursing one while the other wanted to climb to the top of the earth, etc, feeding one of the three of us, etc.

jacksmoma
05-20-2009, 01:13 PM
i just had my second and my first is 19 months old...i have a feeling our mall crawling days are loooong gone so i went with the bjccd- LOOOOVE it! i'm guess walking to the park (15 min walk) will be our new day at the mall! i guess the mall thing has been over actually since my first starting to walk- he is way to active to sit it a stroller around stores :)

Oh yeah my point is- your mall days will probally be over so go with something with air tires that will last years and years. the city mini double will not as the seats are much shorter than the elite or classic. and they have the SUPER easy fold of the mini. hth!

Melaine
05-20-2009, 01:17 PM
If it were me, I might consider that super deal on the phil and ted's from yesterday. I know I couldn't pull it off with twins, but with a baby and a toddler the whole one on top of the other thing might be ok.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=324105&highlight=phil

I just say that, because I am very happy with my BJ city series double, but no side by side has really ever worked fabulous at the mall for me. I can see the phil and ted actually being the perfect mall double. But that's total speculation as I have only once seen one irl.

lorinick
05-20-2009, 02:08 PM
I vote City Mini or the Mac doubles.

OctoberPrincess
06-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks so much for all your responses, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. We went to Disney and were really intrigued with all the BJCM's we saw, love the look too. I didn't think it accepted a car seat, is that really the case? It seems perfect since my babies tend to be on the very small side and our terrain isn't really bumpy since we have sidewalks and we don't tend to go off the paved paths at the park too often. Can someone just confirm the carseat thing for me? Thanks again.

AnnieW625
06-05-2009, 02:00 PM
The City Mini accepts a car seat adaptor. The third item down on the accessory list for the City Mini is the carseat adaptor bar, http://www.babyjogger.com/c-31-Accessories.aspx#citymini

codex57
06-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Only one seat will fit, but that shouldn't be a problem for you since your older one almost certainly isnt in an infant seat anymore.