PDA

View Full Version : Stroller help needed! Help!

Corie
05-19-2009, 12:01 PM
My 4.5 year old son wimps out very easily. He gets tired of walking, especially
at malls, festivals. He is even worse when it's summer and it's hot.

I would like to get a stroller for him to use occasionally so my husband and
I can stop carrying him.

He is 4.5 years old and he is almost 40 pounds.

I would prefer a very lightweight and durable stroller.

Help!

AnnieW625
05-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Highly recommend the Maclaren Triumph, it's our go to for almost everything except long walks. I like it more than the Volo because it's more padded, and does have one recline position. It's a great stroller for public transportation, theme parks, the mall, and it litterally takes up no space and is very small fold. It's also very well made. You'll get some great use out of it, even it only for a couple of years.

lorinick
05-19-2009, 02:00 PM
I second the Mac Triumph or V.

codex57
05-19-2009, 02:14 PM
At that age, the Mac Triumph or the Volo. I'd look at the Volo first. See if he's comfy in it. Only if he complains it's not that comfy would I step up to the Triumph. Volo is sold in more B&M stores than the Triumph, from what I've seen. Even Target usually carries it.

If you plan on another kid, then maybe a Quest or a Triumph to cover more ground. Quest would be overkill for a 4.5 yr old tho.

arivecchi
05-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Another vote for the Triumph.

WatchingThemGrow
05-19-2009, 03:30 PM
by festivals, do you mean outdoor ones in the dirt? Not sure I'd be able to push my Triumph across the festival dirt I'm picturing, but for the concrete walk back to the car, yes!

strollerqueen
05-19-2009, 09:57 PM
The Maclaren Starck Volo is better for bigger kids. Bigger seat, easier to push with a heavier weight.