PDA

View Full Version : new bath tub too deep

sak90027
05-19-2009, 12:20 PM
i've been bathing my baby (he's now 8 months old) in the regular tub since he was born. I used one of those spongy things and he's fine with the routine. we are now moving and the new tub is super deep. almost too deep. does anyone have any suggestions to make the tub not so deep? thanks!

geochick
05-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Don't fill it very full. You don't need a lot of water for a bath. He'll grow quickly, and will be cruising around that deep tub in no time. Until then, you may have to get in with him until you feel comfortable.

WatchingThemGrow
05-19-2009, 06:40 PM
You mean it's too deep for you to reach in comfortably to bathe him?

GraceH
05-19-2009, 06:55 PM
We have the Summer Infant Mother's Touch Baby Bather -- it's great for the tub (or a large sink even) and actually sits 3-4" above the surface at its lowest point. We have one without the headrest from BRU, but here is a similar one on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Mothers-Deluxe-Bather/dp/B000G22Y88/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1242773462&sr=8-1 Oh, and it comes in pink too if you were curious. Mine has a tri-fold that results in pretty much flat storage - yay!

sak90027
05-19-2009, 07:04 PM
You mean it's too deep for you to reach in comfortably to bathe him?

yes, it's one of those oval shaped spa tubs but really deep. too deep for me to reach in. i suppose i have to get in with him for the first few times but i was hoping there was some sort of contraption that i could stick in the tub to make it more shallow. he is 8 months old and weighs about 18lbs so he out grew his infant tub pretty quickly and really never liked the infant tub in the first place...

newg
05-19-2009, 09:53 PM
What about one of those blow up mini tubs you put inside a full size tub? I've seen one that looks like a large rubber duck and a few others that almost look like mini baby pools....www.onestepahead has a few and I'm sure you'd find others online as well.
We have a soaker tub and just fill it up a few inches......put a padded non-slip mat on the bottom for dd and a rolled up towl under our knees. We just kinda hang over the edge of it to wash her.