PDA

View Full Version : moving with 8 month old-help!

sak90027
05-19-2009, 12:22 PM
we're moving in town in the next few weeks and need advice. my baby is very high needs and has a hard time being left in the jumperoo for more than a few minutes etc. has anyone moved in town and can give me any words of advice? thank you! I'm also new to the boards here.

arivecchi
05-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Can you have a friend/relative come over to help? If you are having movers come in and are just directing, I would just wear the babe in a baby carrier when he gets tired of the jumperoo. If you are actually packing, etc., I think you will need someone else to be there to help.

KrisM
05-19-2009, 01:26 PM
We moved when DS was 15 months. I packed during his nap and at night. During the actual move, I wore him and directed the movers for much of the time. If I had to actually help load the truck, I would have had to have other adults to help out.

sak90027
05-19-2009, 03:01 PM
i guess i'm more worried about after the move. the new bathtub is too deep and i'm worried about throwing him off of his routine. i'm wondering how did it affect your babies?

SnuggleBuggles
05-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Set their room up first and all their other stuff. At that age though they are really very adaptable, I think you will find.

I agree with pps about during the move- wear the baby. It will make things much easier! It's hard when the door is open non stop and you run out of places to safely be out of the way in the house. Pack n Plays are nice too.

Beth

arivecchi
05-19-2009, 03:12 PM
My first son was 11 months when we moved and the move was not disruptive at all. In fact, I think he thought it was a new adventure. He was excited with all the commotion. I would not worry too much about it. He will fall into his new routine in 2 seconds.