PDA

View Full Version : tea party food ideas for 5 yr old party

doggiemom
05-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for tea party food ideas for a tea party for my 5 yr old birthday. DD had a tea party last year and wants another one this year. Last year we did cucumber/cream cheese sandwiches, pb&J and PB& fluf sandwiches (cut into skinny pieces) and then did trays of fruit with fancy toothpicks. I want to mix it up a little this year. Any ideas?

This year we are doing the mid-afternoon slot 1 - 3 so I don't have to worry as much about a meal being involved. There will be about 16 - 18 kids. I'm thinking fruit and some yogurt dips?

The regular cake and cupcake thing will happen of course and a variety of fruit teas.

TIA.

Colleen

luvmypeanut
05-20-2009, 02:16 AM
We just had a tea party for DD's 6th birthday for 16 girls. We had PBJ, nutella, ham&cheese and boursin&cuke sandwiches cut with the flower sandwich cutter. I made chocolate chip scones cut into hearts, brownies baked in the mini-muffin pan and fruit salad served in little plastic wine glasses. We had pink lemonade and tropical iced tea but most of them wanted the pink lemonade.

ohiomom1121
05-20-2009, 09:13 AM
We just had a tea party for DD's 6th birthday for 16 girls. We had PBJ, nutella, ham&cheese and boursin&cuke sandwiches cut with the flower sandwich cutter. I made chocolate chip scones cut into hearts, brownies baked in the mini-muffin pan and fruit salad served in little plastic wine glasses. We had pink lemonade and tropical iced tea but most of them wanted the pink lemonade.

My DD would have gone NUTS over this party!!!! Nice job. :)