PDA

View Full Version : Guess what is a good substitute for play sand?

gatorsmom
05-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Breadcrumbs! As I was changing Sisi's messy diaper tonight, Cha cha was sitting at the table eating his bowl of breadcrumbs (the kid is an original. This is one of his favorite snacks). Well, he decided he was done and got down from his chair. Being only 3yo, he didn't think to push the chair in, so Greenbean of course had to climb on it. And discovers the bowl of breadcrumbs. At first he does what his brother was doing- lifting the spoon to his mouth and trying to eat them. But that wasn't NEARLY as fun as dumping them out on the table and playing with them. And of COURSE then he had to climb up onto the table, sit in the crumbs and play right in the middle of them. By now I'm done changing Sisi's diaper so she runs off while I'm washing my hands and she finds Greenbean there and decides to join in the fun. And that's how I find them. It happened so fast I couldn't believe it. And they were having so much fun throwing it into the air, making waves and designs with it on the table.

At least it didn't take long to clean up- I whipped out my brand new Dyson and vacuumed everything and everyONE off right while they were sitting on top of the table. I doubt even sand would clean up that easily. :)