PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster

MontrealMum
05-20-2009, 03:24 PM
If you have a FP booster...until what age, on average, did you use this with you DC? DS is very tall, but skinny for his age. He will continue to need a booster to keep him at the table - he's no where near ready for sitting in a chair on his own even though he's tall. I am getting sick of holding DS on my lap to eat at the ILs, and we are going over to friends' houses more, so I'm thinking we need something for travelling. Unfortunately the darn thing is unavailable online here, but might be in stores. I'd like to have an idea of how long we might use it first before driving all over looking for it. TIA!

niccig
05-20-2009, 04:13 PM
DS if 4.5 yo and still using it. I got it around 1 year old. Actually, it's the only piece of baby gear that is still in use.

Maybe it's just our table, but DS can't reach, and neither can our 6 yo friend.

We got this one for travel http://www.onestepahead.com/product/osa/426761.html

It's not as good as the Healthy Care booster, but it packs up smaller. We got lucky in that both sets of grandparents already had or bought a booster for us at their house. I took this one when staying at hotels etc. I used the travel booster when had play dates at our house, and it was kept in the car for when at restaurants and no more boosters available. DS doesn't need a booster now when visiting family/restuarants, just at our table.

ETA DS's stats. 4.5 yo, 35lbs, about 40"

citymama
05-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Our 40 inch tall, 33 lbs kid is still using it - she's just over 3!

MontrealMum
05-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Thanks! This is good news. As long as he gets at least one more year of use out of it, and according to Nicci, maybe two, I think this would be a good purchase for us. For some reason I'd had it in my head that it might only be good until age 2 - which is only 3 months away.

WatchingThemGrow
05-20-2009, 08:16 PM
We use them all the time - and I can see my newly 3 yo getting a little "thick" for it. She's only complained once or twice, but I don't know how much longer she'll last. Could be a long time.

I got one of these Handysitt boosters (http://www.minui.com/Products-42.aspx?ProductID=PROD2&VariantID=) to keep at the ILs' house, and we've all been REALLY happy with it. I found it on ebay for like $51 shipped. It wasn't good for flying with b/c of the weight of the wood/metal, but in a pinch it can be done. It IS really good for MIL to hide it under her bed and pull it out/set it up before we get there... It looks like they've updated it and added some features. There may be the older model available online still. It's been great and has LOTS of room for her to grow. It requires a chair with a low or medium back, but I've never found a house that didn't have SOME chair it fit on. I guess we'll need to find another one for DS to start using soon enough...