PDA

View Full Version : Sunblock that doesn't stain

SpaceGal
05-20-2009, 04:50 PM
I used to use cheapie Banana Boat sunblock for my boys...not really thinking too much about it back then. But this year I thought I should get something better since DS is outside a ton more and his skin is very dry and sensitive. I bought Mustela Sunblock from Bath and Body Works and it seems like it's a great product...but then in fine print it says that the mineral sunblock can stain clothes. UGH...so I would rather not ruin clothes since we do have to hand-me down to our younger son. I recall that Banana Boat did stain some clothes and even one hat....so now it got me thinking...what sunblock brands are good and don't stain.

On a side note, I noticed that mineral sunblock gives my boys a ghostly sheen...almost a bit sparkly and it made me think of the Twilight series and the sparkly vampires. :)

MommyAllison
05-20-2009, 09:12 PM
We used California Baby sunblock last year and didn't have any staining where it touched clothing. I usually try to apply sunblock before getting the kids dressed to avoid this problem. Maybe try it on playclothes to see if it stains?

And I never noticed sparkly, but DD thinks that once her skin isn't faintly white anymore (because the sunblock finally soaked in) she needs more because it's all gone! ;)