PDA

View Full Version : Mall crawler for tall toddler?

ha98ed14
05-21-2009, 11:45 AM
I am looking to replace my Zooper Waltz because DD's head is at the top of the seat and the canopy hits her in the head when down. She is 2 and just under 30 lbs.

I think I am going to get a Zippy or a P3 used on CL. My question is which of these would be better for a (tall?) toddler. I want this to be the last stroller I buy. My 2nd stroller is an Inglesina Urbe and she has head room to spare in that one, but the canopy is similar to on a P3. The Waltz's canopy comes down all the way to the napper bar.

I am also open to other brands/ models if anyone has an idea. Looking for:

Tray for DD
Umbrella or "skinny" fold (not book fold)
(Wish for but not a must have: Single push bar instead of 2 handles, but neither zippy nor P3 has this. It is the one thing I will miss about the waltz.)

TIA for any help.

emily
05-21-2009, 12:31 PM
DD is nearly 30 inches long and about 23 lbs. We have the Zippy. I would say she has a long way to until she outgrows it.

We bought the Zippy after much research for the fold. That said, I dont know that I would buy another Zippy. DH complains about the height of the handle bars and he constantly kicks the stroller (he's only 5'9"). I'm 5'4" and have no issues. Other cons include only being able to access the storage from the sides (the price to pay for the amazing fold) and the double handle bars. The only reason we havent replaced it is because we dont use the stroller much.

codex57
05-21-2009, 01:38 PM
2009 Zippys have adjustable handles now.

I'd totally get it again. DS is 32 or 33 inches now (19 months). Tons of room to grow. Our neighbors' taller 2 yr old sat in it yesterday. Also lotsa room.

bubbaray
05-21-2009, 01:53 PM
My long-torsoed 5 yo still fits in our P3.

WatchingThemGrow
05-21-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm not understanding...what's wrong with the Urbe you already have? Can you attach a Snack Trap or Munchkin snack thing so you don't need a tray?

AnnieW625
05-22-2009, 11:44 AM
I was thinking the same thing as Watchingthemgrow, the Uribe looks very similar to the Maclaren we love. We have never had a stroller with a snack bar and Elisa did just fine with snack cups or baggies of snacks. There is also room next to her to keep her sippy cup.

chozen
05-25-2009, 10:40 AM
our are you just ready for a change?