PDA

View Full Version : best place to get fenugreek and blessed thistle?

stillplayswithbarbies
05-21-2009, 02:36 PM
I am breastfeeding an adopted baby and currently am getting enough milk for about 1/3 of her total needs. I am taking fenugreek and blessed thistle based on the doses at http://www.asklenore.com . I am also taking domperidone. (I did the whole protocol with BCP and domperidone)

My first question is where is the best place to buy herbs? I am currently getting them at my local health food store, but I am sure there must be a cheaper place? I don't want to just do a search and order by price, because I am not sure what sites to trust, so I am asking here to see if anyone has experience with any websites.

My second question is what else should I be taking? I have Mother's Milk tea but it looks like it has the same herbs in it. How much is too much?

Kash
05-21-2009, 03:10 PM
I would buy the fenugeek from any indian store... its a herb used in indian cooking..so much cheaper in indian stores. Good luck. U can soak it in water overnight and just drink the water in the morning ..or even cook some dishes it with...

JBaxter
05-21-2009, 04:29 PM
watch amazon for specials I was getting 2packs fairly cheep. I also was drinking http://www.bulkherbstore.com/Mamas-Milk-Tea ALOT. I have always had cronic low supply.

DebbieJ
05-21-2009, 04:52 PM
I used to buy it locally at Vitamin Shoppe. I don't know if you have one of those near you.

www.vitacost.com is usually good price-wise. I don't know if they carry them, though.

daisymommy
05-27-2009, 09:54 AM
I just wanted to say that YOU ROCK!!! For making the effort to breastfeed your adopted baby! Three cheers for you! :cheerleader1: :boogie: :bighand:
I hope it goes well!

JMS
05-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Hi Karen,
It's so wonderful you're nursing DD2. I bookmarked this site/product a while back. It might be something to look in to and read about. Search the BBB and you'll find that a couple people have used it and recommend it.

More Milk Plus: http://www.motherlove.com/products_extracts.php

brittone2
05-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Just another :bowdown: for your efforts. We're still considering adopting a third one day...I may have to hit you up for info eventually if you don't mind :)

stillplayswithbarbies
05-28-2009, 12:08 AM
PM me any time, I love to talk about our experience with adopting :)

just an update - I am now providing about half of her nutrition from breastmilk, and she is getting better at nursing. Her latch is not so shallow now.

daisymommy
05-28-2009, 10:30 AM
I'd love to read "your story" someday of how you were able to do it, what was successful for you, etc. I'd really like to adopt a baby girl someday and try to nurse her as well.

egoldber
05-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Karen :bowdown:

brittone2
05-28-2009, 04:02 PM
PM me any time, I love to talk about our experience with adopting :)

just an update - I am now providing about half of her nutrition from breastmilk, and she is getting better at nursing. Her latch is not so shallow now.

:love-retry:
:boogie:
:thumbsup:

THat's awesome. I will get in touch with you :)

kijip
05-29-2009, 02:34 AM
Lucky Vitamin has pretty good online prices and I have ordered from them with no issues. They sell the Nature's Way (Path?) 180 capsules for a few bucks less than I see it in store here...$6.00. They also do buy more and save things, depending on how much you want to stock up on.

I get a huge supply boost from Reglan (in smaller doses so as to avoid the sleepiness) but nothing from domperidone.