PDA

View Full Version : Babyage.com - badly packed items

silia
05-21-2009, 08:12 PM
I bought two items from Babyage due to their sale price. The baby bathtub was about $10 cheaper than list and the bottle drying rack was about $1 off the list price. Both shipped for the flat $10 fee. So, I was roughly saving $1 plus taxes. When I received the package I saw that it was packed in a reused safety gate box with tape that was already split in several places. Opening the box up I found that both items were on the bottom of the box, leaving about half of the volume empty. The baby bathtub had exactly 2 pieces of tissue paper around it and nested inside it was the box for the bottle drying rack. The bottle drying rack box had gouged several deep furrows in the foam on the back of the baby bathtub. This was so very clearly due to inadequate packing I was really annoyed. Their damaged item policy only addresses damage by the shippers. Their returned item policy makes you pay for the return shipping. Because of the tub size this would be at least $25. One piece of bubble wrap would have prevented all this. Never buying from them again.