PDA

View Full Version : Stomp Rocket or SR Junior?

hilladub
05-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Which is most appropriate as a gift for a 6 year old - the Ultra Stomp Rocket or the Stomp Rocket Junior? The manufacturer says that the Ultra is for ages 8+ and the Junior is for 3-8, but it looks from the reviews that it's mainly 3-4 year olds that are using the Junior and I don't want to give him something that's too childish. He has a younger brother that's 2.5 - would it be dangerous to go ahead and just get the regular one? Those that have these - what do you recommend? I've never seen these in action before!

KrisM
05-21-2009, 08:37 PM
We have the Jr and DS is 5. He and DD play with it and get it pretty high and run for the rocket. If we lived on an acre or something with no roads nearby, the regular might be worth it, but right now, I don't need the kids running into the street chasing it down and the Jr. limits us to a yard or two.

MizMojoLaveau
05-22-2009, 11:27 AM
We have both and DC is only 3. We do have a large yard, so chasing after rockets is not a problem for us. Other than that, I would not think that there is any difference "safety-wise" with going ahead and getting the regular one. Anyways, the rocket will only go as high as the stomp force used so the younger child can play with it, it just won't go as high. All the "parts" are exactly the same (except I think one if them may have glow in the dark rockets).