PDA

View Full Version : Must EVERYTHING go in your mouth?

KrisM
05-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Seriously? Playdoh, a bite from DD's shoes!, dirt, paper, stickers, anything and everything DS2 can pick up goes in his mouth.

DS1 was sort of like this, but sucked his fingers enough that it must have distracted him. DD had a pacifier and neer put much in her mouth. This is driving me nuts. Anything the kids drop goes into his mouth. My house is clean, but not that clean :).

sidmand
05-21-2009, 08:51 PM
But just think, it could be worse. DD puts a lot in her mouth (not as much as DS, I think) but she was eating DS's shoes when we discovered he had stepped in dog poop. :barf:

All over her hands, all over the couch...I don't think she actually managed to eat much (any?) of it. We were at my Brazilian friend's house and her on kept saying "Cucu...cucu (spelling)?" but it took awhile for us to figure it out!

He'll have great immunity though, right? I've read that things are too antiseptic now and so kids get sicker more often than they used to. I always thought that wasn't a problem with my kids..."Don't eat that it fell on the groun....nevermind."

kedss
05-21-2009, 09:10 PM
yeah DD is like that, she loves food, but not as much as she loves paper, esp if its in a book I'm trying to read to DS. LOL

KrisM
05-21-2009, 09:19 PM
But just think, it could be worse. DD puts a lot in her mouth (not as much as DS, I think) but she was eating DS's shoes when we discovered he had stepped in dog poop. :barf:

All over her hands, all over the couch...I don't think she actually managed to eat much (any?) of it. We were at my Brazilian friend's house and her on kept saying "Cucu...cucu (spelling)?" but it took awhile for us to figure it out!

He'll have great immunity though, right? I've read that things are too antiseptic now and so kids get sicker more often than they used to. I always thought that wasn't a problem with my kids..."Don't eat that it fell on the groun....nevermind."

Yuck!

Oh, he'll go fishing DD's little potty if the bathroom door gets left open and the potty isn't dumper. Wet toilet paper...yum.

rupptopia
05-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Same here! I thought DD was getting over that phase but apparently not. I was distracted at DS's t-ball game taking pictures & I noticed she was chewing on something & her face was covered in dirt. And what did I fish out of her mouth? A sunflower seed husk! You know, one that some baseball player chewed on & spit out into the dirt. Lovely!

DietCokeLover
05-21-2009, 09:50 PM
DS is the same way. He seems to have a shoe fettish. Whatever shoe he finds, goes directly in the mouth. UGH.

DD on the other hand is a licker. I guess she's got to "taste" everything, so she licks everything at least once. Well, everything but food! She won't eat anything. A book on the floor - she'll lick. A piece of fruit gets hurled to the floor.

sarahsthreads
05-21-2009, 10:43 PM
My DD2 particularly enjoys: stickers that she pries up from the floor where they've fallen, puzzle pieces, bits of grass and leaves, ANYTHING paper, and socks - preferably already worn.

She's also a voracious "reader". The phrase "books are for reading, not for eating!" is heard frequently in my house, and DD1 is starting to remember to put her books back on the shelf now!

Sarah :)

elephantmeg
05-22-2009, 08:12 AM
pinecones, gravels, sticks, dryer lint.... books.... ugh. I hear you!

KrisM
05-22-2009, 08:34 AM
pinecones, gravels, sticks, dryer lint.... books.... ugh. I hear you!

We'll get to experience these over the weekend, as we're heading up north to my parents house on a lake. Yummy stuff for him to try out!

brittone2
05-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Yeah, my oldest was *not* like that. He could have access to little stuff, etc. and just really didn't have any desire to put it in his mouth.

DD was way more into putting stuff into her mouth, and it lasted until she was somewhere between 18 months and 2 years.

What great immunity your DS2 will have :wink2: