PDA

View Full Version : Help! How do I fold Mountain Buggy Urban Double?

vacationer526
05-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Hi everyone! I totally scored at a garage sale this past weekend and bought a MBUD for $40!! Gotta love garage sales! Anyway, I feel silly because I cannot get the darn thing folded...only partially folded. Can someone let me know what I'm doing wrong? There are those little latches on the sides of the seats that I've lifted and the stroller partially folds...but after that I'm stuck. It has fixed front wheels...not sure if this matters...
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

BeachBum
05-22-2009, 08:27 AM
You have to make sure the wheels are out in front, not swiveled under the stroller. Then you pull up on the two clips that are on the frame down by the front wheels. The wheels then fold under the seat part. It is a very large fold.

vacationer526
05-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Thanks! Hmmm...mine has fixed front wheels (no swivel)...and I don't see any clips by the wheels to press on/pull for that next step(?)

bubbaray
05-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Is the basket fabric or metal? If its metal, its an old Swift (though I didn't think they made it in a double). If its fabric, its an Urban Double (MBUD) and the wheels are probably set to non-swivel mode. There will be a switch at the front of the front wheels.

To fold it, it should be two black levers on the side of the stroller, kinda near where the kids heads would be if they were sitting up. Pull those towards the back of the stroller and it should fold. That is for an MBUD, not sure if the Swift is the same. I can't take photos of my MBUS as I sold it. :(

gamma
05-22-2009, 09:50 AM
You may have purchased a Mountain Buggy Terrain Double. This model is older than the Urban. It has fixed non-swiveling wheels.

vacationer526
05-22-2009, 10:02 AM
It's definitely an Urban (says "Urban" on the metal part) and it has meshy fabric baskets. I think the wheels are permanently fixed (no swivel option). This is so strange though- no other levers that I can see other than the ones that I slide up on the sides down near the footplate. Uggh. Thanks so much for helping!!

bubbaray
05-22-2009, 10:39 AM
OK, I got the name wrong -- the old, non-swivel version is the Terrain as the PP said, not ths Swift (which is a newer model).

If the footplate says Urban and the basket is fabric mesh, it is DEFINITELY 100% a swivel front wheel stroller. There might be directions and a video on the MB site. You should be able to pull up the black nob at the front on top of the wheel to convert to swivel mode. There will be a raised symbol of a padlock showing locked and unlocked. For swivel, you want the nob in the unlocked position.

If all else fails, call MB USA. They will be able to walk you through it.

HTH

bubbaray
05-22-2009, 10:43 AM
OK, here is a video on the fold: http://www.mountainbuggy.com/catalog/double/

Also, you can see on this picture the nob I'm talking about -- it sticks out to the side (not the top -- CLEARLY I need more caffeine this morning, LOL!). You pull the nob out and turn it to the unlocked position, as per the pictogram. You'll have to do this on both wheels.

HTH

bubbaray
05-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Ok, I have my latte in hand and my brain is functioning. The buttons aren't on the side of the frame up near the child's head. They are near the footplate.

Good grief. I am living on another planet today.

Bottom line, you definitely DO have an MBUD, it definitely DOES have swivel front wheels, which you just use the nobs to change to swivel mode, AND you pull up on the buttons on either side of the frame near the footplate to fold it. And, yeah, the front tires need to be facing out from the stroller, not undernealth it.

vacationer526
05-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Melissa- you are awesome!!! Thank you so, so much. I figured it out (I feel so dumb now). YES- they do in fact swivel and I got it to fold...I am so excited!!! Thank you, thank you!! I knew I could count on you mommies for help :)