PDA

View Full Version : At the ped. this morning for 3 hours!

ett
05-22-2009, 03:22 PM
I think this is the first time I've posted here, but I was just at the ped. for 3 hours this morning with 2 sick kids. Both have colds and are coughing and wheezing. They had to do the nebulizer treatment twice on both of them. The first time, they left me with both kids by themselves, so I was holding the mask to DS2's face with one hand and occasionally helping DS1 with his mask since he wasn't holding it very well to his face. (due in part to the fact that the mask was too small.) The second time, the nurse got a bigger mask and helped DS1 with it. DS2 was too upset by then and only lasted several minutes before completely refusing it. The kids are starving by the end of the appointment so I just ignored the no food sign and fed DS2 some cereal because he kept asking for "breakfast". And after every treatment they had to measure how well they're breathing with that instrument you stick their finger in. Except both kids can't sit still so it takes forever. And after all that the kids are still wheezing!

I rush home at 1:30 to feed them lunch and put DS2 down for nap. I'm going to have to wake DS2 up at 4pm so I can go to CVS to pick up their prescriptions so I can do the 4:30pm treatment at home with them.

It'll definitely be a fun long weekend when I have to do the nebulizer 3x/day for both kids. At least DH will be home all weekend to help!

ETA: It is now 3:30pm and the ped. office has not sent the prescriptions over yet for their 4:30pm treatment. So I've just called so they can send it over right now!

lorinick
05-22-2009, 03:28 PM
I've been there with giving neb treatments every four hours. It's the pits. I keep forgetting to give ds1 his anti. since he had streap last weekend. I forgot again this morning and his at school. Hang in there. Hope the kids feel better soon.