PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a JJB Between?

sarahsthreads
05-22-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm totally in love with the Zany Zinnias Between, and I'm looking to downsize from my Skip Hop Duo Deluxe. Or maybe more "rightsize". I really only *need* to carry a couple of diapers, a spare onesie, a travel case of wipes, a small straw cup, my wallet, cell phone and small camera with me. I also usually carry a small pack of crayons, a few small chewy toys, a 5x8 pad of paper, a kids chapter book, a tiny little first aid kit, tissues, and a small T&T container of puffs or a baby cereal bar. Plus all the other cr@p that's accumulated on the bottom of my tall narrow diaper bag (I find stuff I forgot we even had when I go digging!)

Is that all going to fit? I actually bought a different Between last summer, but with a newborn there was absolutely no possible way it was going to work for me - even with what I thought were the barest necessities then, it was stuffed to the point of exploding - so I returned it. But I do travel *much* lighter now, I think...

So, help me justify getting a JJB! Please, enable me!

Thanks!
Sarah :)

cndnveggie
05-22-2009, 05:11 PM
I have a Between, and I love it. It sounds like you'd be able to fit everything in there, but you carry some things that I don't, so I can't say for sure. The Between just needs to be packed the right way for it to work - it can take some playing around.

Go check out the Pink Room on the JJB Website, lots of people have the Between and love it. I've posted pics of how I pack my Between, so you might find those useful. Here's the link: http://www.ju-ju-be.com/PinkRoom/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=44698

tny915
05-22-2009, 05:49 PM
I think that you can fit it all in, but you probably won't be able to squeeze much else in there. I'm trying to picture my BeTween...

You could put couple of diapers, a spare onesie, a travel case of wipes in the small zipper pocket in back. I usually carry a the plastic travel pack of wipes. I think it'd be harder to fit a hard wipes case. Phone goes in the mommy pocket, cup in the outside side pocket, and the rest should be able to fit in the large middle pocket.

krocodile
05-22-2009, 09:41 PM
I just got a between about 2 weeks ago and actually use it as my everyday bag for a newborn...I have everything I "need" and do have some extra space. I love it so far.

sarahsthreads
05-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks all!

I just purchased a like new bag on the FSOT board in the Pink Room. My first JJB (if you don't count the one I had in my possession for a day last summer). I'm so excited!

The thread with the packed bag pictures were very helpful! I'm going to make the bag work, even if it means not carrying quite so much - I think the big girl should maybe start carrying her own stuff soon. (She may need her own MiniBe? ;) )

Sarah :)

cndnveggie
05-22-2009, 11:18 PM
One thing that I found very helpful was to carry extra clothes and diapers in the car. I have a Be Changed (which I also love!), and I have a few extra dipes and clothes in there, and I just leave in my car (or you could put in under your stroller, etc.) That way, you don't have to carry quite as much around - gives you more space in your bag, and also is easier on the shoulder! I'm not really an overpacker, but I went from the SH Duo to the Between, and had to cut some stuff out. However, I love the size of the Between, and also having a packed Be Changed in the car. HTH!