PDA

View Full Version : Ok, that's 4!!!

gatorsmom
05-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Frankly, I"m tired of spider talk. But in the last 2 weeks I've had 4 spiders drop down from the ceiling and come down RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE! 2 weeks ago it was above the kitchen sink, then in the boys' closet, yesterday in the car (freaking out in the car is not fun for anyone), and today in the office.

Thank goodness none of them were bigger than a nickel. ick.

ETA: I'm rereading this thinking that first sentence sounds kinda bit**y. I didn't mean it to sound like that. I meant I'm tired of spiders. Really tired of them. But, apparently, they are not tired of scaring me. To anyone else who has more spider stories to share, please feel free! :)

elephantmeg
05-22-2009, 09:04 PM
ewwwwwwwwww!

elizabethkott
05-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Yucky yucky yucky yucky ICK!!!
I hear wine dilutes the spider effect.
:D

MontrealMum
05-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Today I was sitting on the toilet when I noticed that there was a spider hanging by my left knee :eek: Luckily he was small, and didn't look like he was going to move. I get them in my car all the time - the big icky ones - and I do NOT like it at all. I always make DH close the sun roof in his if I'm in the car because they seem to like to hang out up there and I just can't handle spiders from above. :thumbsdown:

StantonHyde
05-22-2009, 10:27 PM
I am ok if they are on the wall away from me or on the floor away from me. But a huge one--I step on. Anything dropping on me--freak out!!! And I am NOT a girly girl whimp type of person. (I still remember a previous thread when one poster said her husband screamed like a little girl--spiders will do that to you!!!) But I can't bring myself to spray--icky chemicals. We DO use spider traps in our basement, though. Along the baseboards--you might want to try it. (we have a finished basement)

gatorsmom
05-22-2009, 11:45 PM
I am ok if they are on the wall away from me or on the floor away from me. But a huge one--I step on. Anything dropping on me--freak out!!! And I am NOT a girly girl whimp type of person. (I still remember a previous thread when one poster said her husband screamed like a little girl--spiders will do that to you!!!) But I can't bring myself to spray--icky chemicals. We DO use spider traps in our basement, though. Along the baseboards--you might want to try it. (we have a finished basement)

Are spider traps different from mouse glueboards? Because I've found that the glueboards collect PLENTY of scary looking spiders and seem to be doing double duty. :)

s7714
05-23-2009, 12:13 AM
Here's a timely story for you--I just had one crawl down my shirt while sitting on the couch tonight! I felt something tickle the back of my neck and when I reached up to scratch I felt something buggy like in texture. I quickly pulled my hand away and it fell down the front of my v-neck shirt and took off crawling into my bra. My DD thought I'd gone crazy because I jumped up and was slapping myself on the chest. Found the bugger a minute later squished under my bra wire. Uggggh. Now I'm going to feel creepy-crawly all night long. So yeah, I'm getting kind of tired of spiders here too!