PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on this skip hop bag?

Lyndsy
05-23-2009, 04:03 PM
My b-day is next week and I think I am going to ask my hubby for a nice diaper bag. I'm considering this one by Skip Hop. Does anyone have it that can tell me any firsthand opinions of it? It seems really stylish, but reasonably priced. However I'm sure DH would spend more if I found a better one, it just happens to be that I really like this less expensive one. Or do you have any recommendations for a more purse-like diaper bag that is stylish but functional. I don't want a really super stiff one either. Opinions on this one or recommendations for something different are welcome, thanks!

Here's the one I'm considering, it's the skip hop studio tote in champagne. I can get it for $76 with a coupon code at diaperbags.com.
Skip Hop Studio Tote (http://www.diaperbags.com/designer-brands/skip-hop-diaper-bags/skiphopstudiodiapertoteinchampagne.cfm)

mumofboys
05-26-2009, 10:24 AM
I don't have that bag. To be perfectly honest, it kinda reminds me of an 'old lady bag'... I think my MIL has something that is shaped just like that with about 50 pounds of stuff crammed into it.

But you know what? My opinion should mean squat to you. Everyone has their own sense of style and balance of form and function. I have this bag...
http://skiphop.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SH&Category_Code=ACC&Product_Code=202000
All function and NO form:ROTFLMAO: just like me!

But I can speak towards SkipHop customer service. Some of the stitching failed on my SkipHop bag. They exchanged it with no question, no receipt, no hassle and they paid Priority shipping both ways. Gotta love that!

Good luck with whatever you choose and Happy Birthday!!!:bighand:

aajamu
05-28-2009, 01:51 PM
I've owned a Studio Tote. Out of all the Skip Hop bags I've tried, it is my favorite, and probably the only one I'd try again (I've owned a Dash, Duo, & Via Backpack as well). The organization is perfect, absolutely perfect, and it's just the right size if you'll be spending a day out (it is a little big for a quick outing). The exterior pockets actually fit sippies and there are two interior sippy/bottle pockets too. The lining is wipeable and light colored so you don't lose things. It doesn't scream diaper bag and construction is solid and sturdy. Attached stroller clips are really handy. I was quite impressed by this bag, and I'm pretty hard to impress when it comes to diaper bags (I'm fairly critical of most bags on the market, including other SKip Hop bags). Even the changing pad is nice - folds up compact but isn't too short or too flimsy like the other cheapy Skip Hop pads.

At first glance I thought it was a boring (borderline ugly) bag, but the organization won me over. The only reason I decided not to keep it was it can get heavy once you pack it up (it fits a ton) and there is no padded messenger strap. I don't know about you, but running after two young boys requires two hands - I don't want to have to struggle to keep my bag on my shoulder all the time. If only it had an messenger strap option, it would be perfect. It would be awesome if it came in red or navy too - the only color I can stomach of the current set of 4 available colors is black. Slate and champagne looked cheapy and the leather on the chocolate looks fake (it is fake but still).

sadie427
05-30-2009, 10:15 AM
I just got this bag in the mail and I really like it. It's a great size for an all-day outing but doesn't look so big you couldn't carry it all the time. I got the slate and I don't think the material looks cheapy at all (although I would also love if it came in red!). The organization is great. It has plenty of room for my stuff (wallet, phone, keys, lipstick) in different outside zipper pockets which is unusual for a diaper bag. I considered the SH City Chic also, which is somewhat similar but with real leather trim, but I thought it would be too heavy, this is pretty light. I don't think I'll miss the messenger strap as it has stroller clips and I have a smaller messenger-style bag. For the price especially (also used the diaperbags.com code) I think it's great.

Lyndsy
05-31-2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks everyone. I did go ahead and order it. It came in yesterday and I'm pleased with it and for a great price. I appreciate the feedback!