PDA

View Full Version : Where would you go on vacation?

vludmilla
05-23-2009, 09:02 PM
I need help with ideas for a vacation this summer.

Here are the parameters...

It would be me, DH and DD who will be 3 in August.

We live in the NYC metro area so places on the Eastern seaboard that we can drive are nice but a tad boring.

I am very interested in going somewhere completely different from where we live. I've never been to the West coast or Midwest. I understand some places would be terribly hot in the summer but I really want to vacation somewhere that is different from the East coast...

Any ideas?

bubbaray
05-23-2009, 09:22 PM
In the US or does that matter?

The Rocky Mountains would be completely different than an East Coast experience. The Canadian Rockies are stunning and remote -- you can stay in a 5* hotel and in a 1 minute walk, be in the wilderness. The Rockies in the US are slightly less rugged and less remote, but still beautiful.

Moab would be completely different, but 3 is a little young to ride Slick Rock, LOL.

Bryce Canyon in Utah is amazing. Much more stunning than the Grand Canyon, actually.

I've only been to a few places in the Deep South, but I've always wanted to do a road trip through the South. Savannah sounds amazing.

vludmilla
05-23-2009, 09:26 PM
In the US or does that matter?

The Rocky Mountains would be completely different than an East Coast experience. The Canadian Rockies are stunning and remote -- you can stay in a 5* hotel and in a 1 minute walk, be in the wilderness. The Rockies in the US are slightly less rugged and less remote, but still beautiful.

Moab would be completely different, but 3 is a little young to ride Slick Rock, LOL.

Bryce Canyon in Utah is amazing. Much more stunning than the Grand Canyon, actually.

I've only been to a few places in the Deep South, but I've always wanted to do a road trip through the South. Savannah sounds amazing.

No, it doesn't need to be the US but DD hasn't been on a plane before so I figure she can't tolerate more than a few or several hours.

Thanks for the suggestions...I'm off to check them out!

graciebellesmomma
06-07-2009, 01:23 AM
Savannah is one of my all time favorite places in the US. So full of history and gorgeous architecture.
Lake Tahoe is really different from where you are. I live in Tahoe and could give you advice if you wanted.
San Francisco/Bay Area is full of amazing places.

We did a road trip from Anapolis (another amazing little town), up to Chicago and it was such a fun trip. We stopped in cute little towns in Kentucky and other states.

If you want a real change, go to Maui. It's so family friendly and relaxing.

vludmilla
06-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Savannah is one of my all time favorite places in the US. So full of history and gorgeous architecture.
Lake Tahoe is really different from where you are. I live in Tahoe and could give you advice if you wanted.
San Francisco/Bay Area is full of amazing places.

We did a road trip from Anapolis (another amazing little town), up to Chicago and it was such a fun trip. We stopped in cute little towns in Kentucky and other states.

If you want a real change, go to Maui. It's so family friendly and relaxing.

Thank you for the ideas! DH and I went to Maui when I was pregnant with DD and I can't wait to go back but I don't think DD can take the 9/10 hour plane ride yet.
I should check out Lake Tahoe and San Fran.

Tondi G
06-07-2009, 02:07 PM
San Diego!!! Your 3 year old will have a blast and if you wanted to spend a day at Disneyland/Disneys CA Adventure you could easily do that with a rental car!

There is a ton to do in San Diego

Sea World
SD Zoo
Legoland
Coronado Island
the beach is nice... not Hawaii, but fun for a 3 year old for sure
Lots of little beach towns up the coast
Museums