PDA

View Full Version : Anyone replaced their dryer recently? Ours is dying and I am wondering about cost

jess_g
05-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Our dryer is not working. It will not turn on. It is at least 15 years old but probably older. We are calling the repair man on Tuesday but I am thinking of replacing it instead of fixing it. Before this it has not had any problems, but since its so old I am thinking it might be a good time to go ahead and replace it.

Does anyone know the cost of a new dryer? I mean the cost of the dryer plus all the other costs that a store like Sears adds on like the deliver and setup costs? We replaced the dishwasher a while ago and it ended up costing us $800 for a $500 dishwasher. Thats why I am wondering about the cost.

thanks,

Jessica

bigpassport
05-25-2009, 02:29 AM
Have you thought about buying a used dryer on Craigslist? When I moved into my new house 5 years ago, I had to switch from gas to electric. My girlfriend had a used washer and dryer that she got second hand. I got them from her and they are not fancy but they work FINE. If you don't care what they look like, you might find a good deal on CL.

ohiomom1121
05-25-2009, 10:03 AM
We just got a new LG dryer for $629 at Best Buy, but there's a huge range of prices just depending on what you want. Best Buy's delivery was $30. (But the guy ended up putting in a code to make it free when we ordered) Lowes, Home Depot and Sears all charge $69 for delivery but offer rebates for that cost. This includes hook up and removal of old ones from Lowes and HD, but I think Sears charges more for removal. Lowes delivers 7 days a week, HD doesn't deliver on Sundays, and Sears charges $10 extra for weekend delivery. HTH

kellyd
05-26-2009, 01:42 AM
We got ours from Lowes a few months ago, I think we paid around 479 + tax and delivery but delivery was refunded. I didn't buy the most basic, but it wasn't the most high tech either.

jenny
05-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Sears is having a sale, today, tuesday, is the last day of the sale: 15 percent off all appliances and an extra 5 percent off with sears card.
my friends just went there last night to get a fridge.

jse107
05-26-2009, 10:58 AM
We got a new dryer about three months ago from HD. It's an LG, non-stackable. It was around $850 when all was said and done (price, delivery, set-up, removal of old dryer). I'm in love with this dryer!

deannanb
05-26-2009, 11:10 AM
:hysterical:
I read the title and thought... yes, I got a dryer at Target for about $20 -
a hair dryer....

ohiomom1121
05-26-2009, 11:25 AM
We got a new dryer about three months ago from HD. It's an LG, non-stackable. It was around $850 when all was said and done (price, delivery, set-up, removal of old dryer). I'm in love with this dryer!

I think we have the same one...I LOVE it too!!!!! I like the controls being on the top instead of the front.