PDA

View Full Version : Gliders for less than $200

MommyToAbby
05-24-2009, 04:04 PM
I lent my Baby Bargains book to a friend so don't know where to look for good deals on gliders. I don't need a top of the line one since this is for my older daughter's room and the newborn will have the really good Dutailier in the nursery. I am looking mostly for online resources not really in person stores.

Thanks!

maylips
05-26-2009, 08:56 PM
We just got one from Target for $199 - that includes the ottoman. I think gliders are fugly, this is our last child (I didn't have a glider for baby #1), so I didn't want to spend a ton of money either. I wouldn't give it a 10 for comfort, but it will do the job with an extra pillow attached and is neutral enough to blend in okay.

DebbieJ
05-26-2009, 09:02 PM
I got a Shermag on Craigslist for $125. I'd search there first.

WatchingThemGrow
05-26-2009, 09:05 PM
I'll second CL. I've seen a TON of nice Dutailiers on ours recently for $75-150, and I'm tempted to grab a second one. We really don't need it, though.

hellokitty
05-26-2009, 10:03 PM
If I were you, I'd either buy used or get something non-baby (to me gliders scream baby and are difficult to mix into your regular furniture look after you are finished with them). I got a Lane leather recliner/rocker instead of a glider and I LOVE it. DH and I both want it after we are finished using it as a nursing chair.

ourbabygirl
05-26-2009, 11:29 PM
We got ours from Ashley Home Furniture a few days before the baby was born, last Oct. I think it cost around $150 or $175. It's microfiber, w/an ottoman, and they had taupe, sage green, and chocolate brown (we did the brown). Worked pretty well and now the cat likes to sleep in it :).

MommyToAbby
05-27-2009, 01:15 PM
OK, here's the thing....we got a top of the line Dutailier for the nursery when my daughter was born. I nursed and rocked her there morning, noon and night. It's awesome. It's staying in the nursery and I will use it for the same purpose when our son is born in a few months, although I'm hoping he's a better sleeper and I won't be getting up with him nearly as much, but that is a separate issue. ;) We are moving my daughter into a big girl room soon so the baby can have the nursery. She will still be in a crib but I want a rocker/glider for her new room because we still rock and read stories and I rock with her for a few minutes before she takes a nap and goes to bed at night. So I don't need the second glider for lots of comfort as we won't use it much. But I still want one, which is why it doesn't have to be high end.

boilermakermom
05-27-2009, 04:28 PM
check out sams club or costco. we purchased dd's at sams club for $150. i love it!