PDA

View Full Version : DON'T rile the baby!

tnrnchick74
05-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Dear Aunt:

I know you have just gotten home from work and have no clue what our evening has been with my DS. But when you see me and my Mom sitting on the couch looking beaten up, and DS up WAY past his bedtime screaming and fighting me with everything he has

DO NOT start the tickle game you like to play with him! You know it only riles him up and we are having ENOUGH problems getting him to go to sleep tonight. He refused to take ANY naps today and he's beyond exhausted. You see me giving him tylenol because he's GOT to have a headache after the amount of screaming he's done today.

And then when I say "Please don't rile him up, I've been trying to get him to bed for an hour and 1/2", DON'T stomp out of the room huffing and puffing. And appropriate time to play the tickle game is in the morning, or during the days you are off...NOT at 9 pm!

I honestly don't care if you are pissed off at me...he's my child and I'm the one who will be up with him all night long. So unless you are willing to take the monitor and get up every 2 hours, BACK OFF AND LISTEN TO THE MOTHER.

that is all...

newg
05-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Oh yes...the aunt...today my sister got a little huffy when I refered to my friend and neighbor as one of dd's aunts.....that's what we call our dear friends for dd...not mr. and mrs...too formal....
she just doesn't get it......but she sure will when she has her own dc one day........then you'll get to come in and play the tickle game!!!!

tnrnchick74
05-25-2009, 09:57 PM
I actually DO live with my Mom & Aunt! She's already had her kids...my DS is kind of like her other grandchild. But I have other ways of getting back at her if necessary!

StantonHyde
05-25-2009, 10:28 PM
In the immortal words of one of our BBBers (elizabethkott):

Did you push him out of your vagina?

Then I will decide (fill in the blank)

Ms. EK has many, many ideas of when to use the V word to its utmost effect.

ha98ed14
05-25-2009, 11:33 PM
In the immortal words of one of our BBBers (elizabethkott):

Did you push him out of your vagina?

Then I will decide (fill in the blank)

Ms. EK has many, many ideas of when to use the V word to its utmost effect.

ITA. But I need a variation on the theme. I tried using this once and he said I couldn't use this line because I had a C, so I didn't push anything out of my vagina. Can anyone give me a good comeback?

shawnandangel
05-26-2009, 12:03 AM
ITA. But I need a variation on the theme. I tried using this once and he said I couldn't use this line because I had a C, so I didn't push anything out of my vagina. Can anyone give me a good comeback?

"Did you have major abdominal surgery to birth ____ and then bleed for 3 weeks from your vagina?"

tnrnchick74
05-26-2009, 06:40 AM
And another bitch about dear aunt...she's REALLY getting on my nerves lately.

1 - Why is it that even the 7 year old living in the house understands the importance of closing the bathroom door when they leave. DS is a crawler & climber. He likes to play in water. He can lift a toilet lid enough to get his head in it. You have "forbidden" me to put a toilet lid lock on your toilet because they are difficult to use. SO WHY ARE YOU LEAVING THE BATHROOM OPEN - which is a neon sign to DS..."Hey, come play in the bathroom, stick your head in the toilet and DROWN!". Are YOU prepared for the consequences of finding a DEAD TODDLER in YOUR bathroom?? Or better yet - are you going to provide 24 hour nusing services and pay ALL his medical bills because he's got a severe brain injury because YOU left the bathroom door open? Come on, this isn't rocket science!

2 - QUIT telling me how to plan my son's birthday party. Yes, I know a sheet cake for the adults would be cheaper - BY LIKE $5. I HATE BIRTHDAY CAKE, so I ordered a chocolate ganace cake. It's only $5 more. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN DONT EAT IT! *I* wanted something *I* would actually enjoy. It's not being thrifty to buy a cake that is ONLY $5 cheaper, which we will probably end up with left overs of, and then let those leftovers sit in the house until they mold.

3 - And when I explain to you that I'm NOT following your suggestions, explain nicely WHY I'm NOT following your suggestions, don't get all huffy and say that you are going to switch days so you have to work on his party date, then expect me to beg you not to do it. Next time you mention it, I will tell you that I think you are doing it to be passive aggresssive and controlling and to stop acting like a psycho. If you miss your "grandson's" 1st birthday party I will never forgive you. End of story.

4 - I've taken a week of vacation to get the house ready for the party where 40 of my personal friends are coming to celebrate. YOUR bathroom is the guest bathroom. You haven't cleaned it in over 2 months. Seriously, there is 2 inches of black mold behind the faucet of the sink and the ring around the tub is so thick you can't tell if the bathtub is white or yellow. It will take me about 4 hours to get the bathroom clean enough to my standards. I'm doing this on Fri. If you spit toothpaste in the bowl of the sink or pee on the toilet seat and do NOT clean your own mess up then I WILL blow a gasket. I've told you that the dress for the party is casual, but that does NOT mean your nastiest t-shirt and holiest shorts. That means nice capris, or nice shorts and a polo shirt. I will set down an appropriate outfit for you, since you are incapable of dressing yourself, and hope you actually wear it,

I love my aunt to death, but she's really pushing all my buttons. I'm already stressed about the amount of work that needs to be done and she doesn't care what the house looks like. I refuse to have MY friends think I live like white trash. SHE may live like white trash, but *I* do not.

Sigh. Ok, back to the hell that is my living situation.