PDA

View Full Version : yellow paint

mom2mack&max
05-25-2009, 10:17 PM
My DD wants her room painted yellow. We have white wainscoting on the lower half of the wall and are looking for a nice light yellow for the top half. We've tried a couple samples so far and one is too bright and the other is more cream than yellow. Has anyone used a light yellow paint they can recommend?

KrisM
05-25-2009, 10:20 PM
We have Friendly Yellow from Sherwin Williams in our entry way and upstairs hall. We are very happy with it.

ohiomom1121
05-25-2009, 10:50 PM
DDs room is Baby Bee yellow from Home Depot's Disney line. It's so pretty. She has the Emily bedding from Pottery Barn and it matches it perfectly.

WatchingThemGrow
05-26-2009, 06:54 AM
SW Lily is pretty in DD's room.

ourbabygirl
05-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Oooh... sounds very pretty! We almost did that for our nursery last summer, but already had our hands full with other projects for the room. We chose a Behr paint; something like honey tone? I'll see if I can find the name.

Good luck!

ahrimie
05-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Is this too cream??

ok, I can't figure out how to attach a photo like the pp did. But there's a picture of our "nursery" on my blog: www.mybootifulbebe.blogspot.com, titled "nursery decor".

BayGirl2
05-28-2009, 07:11 PM
We prefer using Non-VOC paints - no smell or toxic odors. I've generally found the texture/consistency to be better too.

Yolo has a line of kid's room paints called "Sprout". We used their yellow in the nursery and it looks great. Not too bright, not too pale, went up easy and easy to clean.