PDA

View Full Version : Gap or Old Navy Maternity in stores?

Andi98989
05-26-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm going to Chicago in a couple of weeks and wondered if any of the Gap or Old Navy stores down there carry any of their maternity clothes and what the selection is like.

We will be staying downtown on Michigan (yay for Priceline!) but will also go out to Schaumburg for a day.

theCAS
05-26-2009, 05:43 PM
I can't speak to selection but the Gap and Old Navy websites allow you to specifically search for stores that carry maternity clothes. I did find that my local Gap and Old Navy stores that carried maternity (Kansas City, MO) had OK selections.

Momof3Labs
05-26-2009, 09:16 PM
You can use the store locator on either site to find which stores carry maternity. I'll warn you, the Old Navy maternity selection at the suburban stores is VERY slim. Since you'll be shopping at the flagship store at State & Washington in Chicago, you may find a larger than average selection.

Looks like the Gap store at 555 N Michigan Ave has maternity, too. The Schaumburg stores didn't come up as having maternity (kinda surprising).

mskitty
05-26-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm going to Chicago in a couple of weeks and wondered if any of the Gap or Old Navy stores down there carry any of their maternity clothes and what the selection is like.

We will be staying downtown on Michigan (yay for Priceline!) but will also go out to Schaumburg for a day.

If you are down on Michigan, you might also want to try H&M for maternity clothes. I picked up a few black basic bottoms off the clearance racks cheap when I was in Boston last winter.

mskitty

WatchingThemGrow
05-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Our ON really, really pared down their maternity section recently.

Even better than Gap/ON (I liked their return policies better than Mimi), are the Macy's stores who have maternity. Posters here taught me you can buy stuff at these Macy's stores, then return it to your regular Macy's (w/o maternity) when you get home and decide you don't like it. That was GREAT for me since you never know exactly how your body is going to change each month. FWIW, I really like dresses for summer and the secret fit belly pants for fall/winter. Here is a link to Macy's stores in IL who carry Maternity (a pea in the pod) http://www1.macys.com/store/locator/index.ognc?action=locatorSearch&ZipCode=&City=chicago&State=IL&007_mm=007_mm&LOCATOR_BUTTON.x=33&LOCATOR_BUTTON.y=18&LOCATOR_BUTTON=LOCATOR_BUTTON

Andi98989
05-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the info! I did use the Store Finder to see that Gap and ON in Chicago did carry maternity in store - it also says the ON stores here carry it, but they never have. :rolleye0014: So, I wasn't quite sure what to believe!

I will have to check out Macy's, too!