PDA

View Full Version : PNP (playard) for Grandma's: does brand matter?

srhs
05-26-2009, 04:18 PM
I need to get a basic PNP (playard) to leave at Grandma's. All that really matters to me is that it's not mini as I'd like DS1 to be able to use it as long as possible.

Does brand matter? Do the cheapos have a lot of drawbacks?
Are all of the "mattresses" similar in comfort?

We have the Chicco here at home and really like it, but we don't need any bells and whistles for occassional trips to grandma's.

lorinick
05-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Brand doesn't matter in PNP. The more expensive ones just have extras on them higher changing tables, caddy sections, moblie etc. mattress are the same on all of them. Thin and not real plush.

neeleymartin
05-26-2009, 08:13 PM
we got our graco on amazon. super cheap and super cute. fits the bill and free shipping. mint green and choco brown. not your typical cheesy pnp. this is our 2nd graco and the mattress seems plumper on this one. maybe an inch thick or so.

http://tinyurl.com/qx2nb6

hth

WatchingThemGrow
05-26-2009, 09:31 PM
We've gotten basic newer model Gracos from Craigslist to leave at the gps' houses for about $25. A bonus is that they'll usually throw in a couple sheets.

vonfirmath
05-27-2009, 08:36 AM
I'd stick with Graco. I've had problems folding, etc. other pack and plays and you can get Graco fairly cheap. The cheapest Graco out there (or one bought used, but still clean) will work beautifully. We didn't even bother using sheets for ours. The bottom is wipe-clean anyway.

If the bottom is too thin for your kid to sleep, you can get an additonal pack and play "mattress" and then you need a sheet to attach it to the bottom and keep your kid safe.

WatchingThemGrow
05-27-2009, 08:38 AM
and a lot of the other brands have had more recalls, IIRC