PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the perfect zoo bag

megs4413
05-27-2009, 03:07 PM
We hit up the zoo as often as possible and it's a bit of a challenge with two active toddlers by myself. I need a bag that can hold a picnic lunch and DS' sippy cup. It also needs room for a wallet, keys, cell phone, ipod, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, and camera. DS is still in diapers but i don't carry a diaper bag anymore, just a diapee and wipee case. It also has to have one of those side outer pockets that can hold a water bottle. it needs to be totally hands free so either a backpack or messenger bag......any ideas??? TIA!

Wife_and_mommy
05-27-2009, 03:24 PM
I don't carry any baby items anymore but love my Land's End backpack for daylong outings and traveling. It's nice to have it hand's free so I can hold both kids. You can stuff it quite full if need be. I realize what an overpacker I am when I hardly use anything in it.

hth.

arivecchi
05-27-2009, 03:41 PM
I think a Baby Sherpa might suit your needs.

http://www.babysherpabackpacks.com/diaper-backpack.html

I have one and love it!

ang79
05-27-2009, 09:47 PM
I have a JuJuBe Packabe that I use to pack a small lunch for my toddler and myself when we go to the park. You can fit water bottles or sippy cups in the two exterior side pockets. Inside there are a few mesh pockets for small things and the rest is open space. I usually pack one of those insulated bottle bags from the hospital with cold stuff and a few tupperware containers, along with toys for the baby, burp cloth, receiving blanket, and dipes/wipes for both kids. It converts easily from a shoulder bag to a backpack. I don't mind the straps that come with it, as I like being able to convert it when I want, but if you are going to be using it mostly backpack mode you can buy padded backpack straps that I've heard are more comfy for longer wearing.

They retail for $120 but you can get some great deals on Ebay, the babybags yahoo group, or the Pink Room on the JuJuBe website.