PDA

View Full Version : shopping cart cover

boilermakermom
05-27-2009, 04:25 PM
has anyone used the covers for the shopping carts? i rec'd one at DD baby shower and recently used it.

What a pain....it is composed of two separate pieces that connect via a velcro strip.

Are the covers that are all one piece easier? Do they seem to protect??

Any helpful hints?

Thanks!

infomama
05-27-2009, 07:52 PM
I bought one off Ebay (sewcuteboutique) and used it all the the with DD1. It's really nice, handmade, one piece with pockets, toy tabs and seatbelt but I think she is out of business now. I still have it but have used it less and less with DD2. I am actually going to list it on Ebay in a couple of weeks. I would look for someone who makes them. I felt more secure using it VS wiping with the disinfecting wipes at the store entrances.

ciw
05-27-2009, 08:20 PM
I have a Graco cart cover and while I don't hate it, I certainly don't love it. It is all one piece and I think that makes it much easier to use than a two piece. But the seatbelt is a pain and even worse, it is too narrow for some shopping carts. For example, it fits the grocery carts at Walmart pretty well but the carts at BRU are much wider and as a result the cover doesn't actually cover all of the sides. So of course, the uncovered parts are exactly where DS puts his hands.....ugh.
I figured that was just how all cart covers were made. But when I was shopping recently, I saw a woman with a cart cover that completely covered one of the wider style grocery carts. Plus, her cover was elasticized all the way around. (My Graco cover only has elastic on the part that covers the cart handle. As a result, when DS squirms, he can easily move the cover around on the back of his seat).
Anyway, I've been kicking myself ever since I saw that cart cover for not asking the lady where she got it. If I were buying a new cover, I'd definitely look for a wider, elasticized version.