PDA

View Full Version : CL stroller deals - Avalon SBS, Chicco Caddy - yeah or nay?

ang79
05-27-2009, 11:13 PM
I came across some stroller deals tonight on Craigslist for $20 each, anyone have any experience with either of these?

I have a tiny 6 mos. old and a 2.5 yr. old. I don't use a stroller very much and currently have a Snap-n-Go for the infant carseat, a Graco Duo Glider that I got on super duper clearance at Target last summer, a cheap umbrella stroller (no canopy or basket) and a light Kolcraft that folds flat and has a canopy and basket (bought on CL last summer). When I want both girls in the stroller I use the Graco, but it takes up pretty much the whole trunk of my Taurus. If I'm running errands I normally wear the baby and put my toddler in the one of the other strollers. I wasn't really looking for another stroller but saw these deals and was wondering if I should grab them up? Here is my reasoning:

We are headed to the beach in June for a week and will probably be doing the boardwalk, shopping, and other day trips. Since it will be hot, I don't know if I'll wear the baby for long periods of time, as we both get pretty toasty pretty quickly! We won't have room to pack the Graco unless my inlaws can bring it in their car, so we could take the two singles, but I'd prefer to have a canopy over both girls if we are out in the sun a lot. Guess I could take the Snap-n-Go if needed. My 6 mos. old just started sitting up more and neither of the other two strollers recline if she gets tired and wants to sleep. Also, my toddler is getting a bit tall for the Kolcraft. She likes to hook her feet under the foot rest and this trips up the wheels. Should I pick up the Chicco to use for one of the girls? Or would I get more use from the double? Do the seats recline? How much space would it take in my trunk? Or are neither a good deal and I should just stop looking at Craigslist, LOL!

TIA for any input!
Angie