PDA

View Full Version : Best Stretch Mark Cream Out There?

SDGal83
05-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Heeeelp! I'm 23 weeks along and have some red stretch marks on one of my breasts! My 'new' boobs came in real fast after I found out I was prego.

I've been applying 100% L'Occitane Shea Butter -or- Palmers Organics Cocoa Tummy Butter -or- Palmers Stretch Mark lotion (I switch it up) every day and still I got these stretch marks!

I know genes play a big role as does the rate of growth (and btw this is my first pregnancy), but come on! There has to be something out there! Has anyone used Mustela? I'd love to try it but I want to hear reviews before shelling out the dough!

Any tips?!

boltfam
06-01-2009, 09:24 PM
No tips here but you're not alone. I got stretch marks all around my boobs...hardly any on my tummy. Good luck!

star04
06-02-2009, 10:04 AM
I would like to know as well! I haven't gotten any stretch marks on my belly yet (of what I can see!), but I noticed a couple weeks ago that I do have a few on my breasts. Right now I use Palmer's stretch mark lotion. Before I used it on my belly every day and only some days I put it on my breasts...now I'm putting it on there every day. If there is something better, I'd like to know!

lorinick
06-02-2009, 10:49 AM
I think any cream to keep your skin moist is great. I don't think anything stop them all together. I think if your mom ended up with them so will you. So check with your mom. I didn't get any stretch marks on my stomach. I used baby oil and almond butter from The Body Works. I did get stretch marks on my boobs as well the boobs came before the missed period. They are real light now and now a big issue. I'd rather have them there than my stomach. Good luck and remember it's all part of motherhood.

SDGal83
06-02-2009, 10:55 AM
So update- I've been making sure I'm extra hydrated now and that has also seemed to help the appearance of the stretch marks. My mom actually didn't get any bad ones, so fingers crossed! I've also been exercising more so that might be helping? So I think the key is stay hydrated inside and out. I think of the products I've been using, the 100% Shea Butter is the best. I'm curious to know if the Mustela products are really worth their price. For now I'll stick with what I have. I'm just at the 24 week mark and still only have the few stretch marks on my one boob (ha, of course it's one noticeable boob!)... If anyone has any reviews on Mustela though let me know!

mom2binsd
06-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Over the years on many boards the consensus I've read over and over is...genetics....no cream can penetrate deep enough. Keeping your skin hydrated is always a good idea but really any moisturizer will do that, as the belly expands it can get itchy.

Both my OB's said in their 50 years of combined experience there was no magic cream for stretch marks.

lorinick
06-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Over the years on many boards the consensus I've read over and over is...genetics....no cream can penetrate deep enough. Keeping your skin hydrated is always a good idea but really any moisturizer will do that, as the belly expands it can get itchy.

Both my OB's said in their 50 years of combined experience there was no magic cream for stretch marks.

I could not have said that better myself.