PDA

View Full Version : how do you keep handles clean on the mac quest?

chozen
05-28-2009, 04:53 PM
if your out in public places and want to clean handles sometimes how can you?

chozen
05-28-2009, 05:12 PM
how do you sanitize handles on mac quest if you need to?

bubbaray
05-28-2009, 05:53 PM
I've never done it on any of my strollers, but I guess you'd just use a sanitizer wipe??

chozen
05-28-2009, 06:45 PM
do you think you could use a wipe on them?

Carrots
05-29-2009, 03:30 PM
I run a "Wet Ones" wipe over the handles. Whether that gets the handle 100% clean or not, I don't know.... but it makes me feel better that I attempted to sanitize the handles (I have a germ phobia of some sort). I also wash and wipe my hands off frequently.

strollerqueen
05-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Wow, that's a first for me! Why would you want to/need to clean the handles?

lorinick
05-30-2009, 03:30 PM
If your that concerned just use Lysol Spray. I've never done so before. I thought I was a germ phob. But I'm thinking not so much anymore. I wash my hands alot, but not my stroller handles. I think the spray would be better since the handles are foamy and not soft.

chozen
05-31-2009, 02:08 PM
:yay: you mean you dont all wash your stroller handles every now and then?
what if your someplace and you cant wash your hands and you have to touch the stroller handles? i mustttt be a germ phob. :)

strollerqueen
05-31-2009, 02:36 PM
You mean the handles that you push the stroller with, right? Nothing that comes in contact with the baby? Nope, never heard of that. We wash and lube all of our strollers regularly, but never just focused on de-germing the handles, lol.

ciw
05-31-2009, 02:39 PM
No, Chozen, you're not alone. I am equally crazy about germs that come anywhere near my kid. So crazy in fact that I have left the plastic wrap that came on one of my strollers stay on the handles. :hysterical: I figured that was easier to clean than the foam. Actually, all of my strollers have foam handles and I find it really annoying. I was really hoping someone would have an answer to your question! I'd love to spray them with Lysol or a vinegar/water combo but I'm afraid that would eat through the foam after repeated use.

strollerqueen
05-31-2009, 02:59 PM
OK, lol, I'm starting to get it. So then, where do you let your baby crawl around? I sweep, mop and vacuum daily, and don't let people wear their shoes in the house. But it still does kind of worry me a bit that he is all over the floor. And then when he is outside in the grass, I worry dogs may have been there, etc etc.

bubbaray
05-31-2009, 04:56 PM
You ladies need to have another child. Trust me, you don't worry about stuff like that with the second and other children. You don't have time.

Nope, I've never cleaned my stroller handles before. I don't like using antibacterial wipes and sprays if I can avoid it. Those chemicals are far more harmful to immune systems than whatever is lurking on my stroller handles.

chozen
05-31-2009, 05:51 PM
thats funny that you leave the plastic on, i have thought about doing that but i didnt want the whole world to know that im a germ phob!

chozen
05-31-2009, 05:54 PM
i do have two children soon to have a third. first son is 27 yrs. old daughter is 17 mo.

chozen
06-01-2009, 12:00 PM
:):Da yellow lab & a german shepherd.:)