PDA

View Full Version : Desert Inn? or other suite options? (Disneyland)

s7714
05-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Has anyone here stayed at the Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites across the street from Disneyland? Most of the reviews have been good, but I keep seeing people say the parking is horrible. (But there's also been a couple people say it's not that bad. :shrug: ) Anyone BTDT?

I waited too long to make our reservations, so HOJO doesn't have any suites left. We're specifically looking for a suite of somekind, preferrably within walking distance, so if anybody has other recommendations I'm all ears!

SnuggleBuggles
05-28-2009, 08:42 PM
We stayed at the Embassy Suites down the road but it would be a long walk. We drove. Great hotel though (huge rooms + free breakfast).

Beth

Zansu
05-28-2009, 10:21 PM
I highly recommend the Homewood Suites, but it's too far to walk. Free breakfast and weeknight dinners make up for it :)

bubbaray
05-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Are you sure you need a suite? Your girls are close in age to mine and we definitely did NOT need a suite at all. In fact, they never slept so well as they did when we were in a regular (premium view) room at the HoJo.

s7714
05-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Are you sure you need a suite? Your girls are close in age to mine and we definitely did NOT need a suite at all. In fact, they never slept so well as they did when we were in a regular (premium view) room at the HoJo.

We always get suites if they're available (and affordable) when we travel. Just a matter of personal preference I guess.

todzwife
05-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Best Western Park place inn and suites is right across from the entrance :)

AnnieW625
06-05-2009, 11:14 PM
I have never stayed at any of the hotels near DLand as I live 20 minutes away, but just want to warn you if the HoJo has suites one side of the hotel faces I-5 which is a pretty busy freeway so I do recommend what ever the premium view room is.

Tondi G
06-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Best Western Park place inn and suites is right across from the entrance :)

Try this one... A friend of ours stayed here and liked it!

http://www.parkplaceinnandminisuites.com/

Another one that isn't right across the street but within walking distance (or you can take the transportation... for a nominal fee) that our friends stayed in was the Portofino Inn and suites... I guess they have a bunk bed room for kids!

http://www.portofinoinnanaheim.com/?chebs=gl_porto

I don't know how much they charge but you could see about 2 regular adjoining rooms at the Ho Jo rather than a "suite" and you get an extra bathroom that way too!