PDA

View Full Version : Anyone's Infant get hot in Ergo?

stinkyfeet
05-28-2009, 10:55 PM
My baby is 2 months old, so I use the infant insert with the Ergo. It seems like he gets hot in it when I take him on walks (warm, but not overly hot days). Has anyone else had this problem? I was thinking about getting the Becco because of this since it doesn't require a padded insert for young babies.

Snow mom
05-28-2009, 11:14 PM
You may not have a ton of luck with keeping your LO cool in any type of carrier. Certainly some are better than others for this but some babies just tend to be sweaty and you share a lot of body heat when you carry your LO. A Beco may have a bit more air circulation, but I don't know that it will make a big difference. At what age can your baby ride legs out? Once they are comfortable riding like this you won't have to worry about the insert anymore.

cestkaren
05-28-2009, 11:27 PM
My son runs warm and he was born at the end of August in Northern CA. It was too hot to use the infant insert. Even now, without the insert, temps above 85 are too warm to use the Ergo. I have a solarveil sling for the summer. I read that some people use a light blanket folded up instead of the insert. I think the insert would be fine for inside with A/C, like the mall.

hobie
05-29-2009, 01:00 PM
You may like the Solarweave Connecta instead. The fabric is very cool...light weight, but still strong, much cooler than even the Beco. The fabric is like boys swim shorts.

Another option instead of the infant insert is to wear a fitted pouch, like a Hotsling or Peanut Shell under the Ergo. Sounds silly, but is very comfy!!!