PDA

View Full Version : yet another Expedit question! heading to Ikea TOMORROW.

nicknack
05-29-2009, 06:19 PM
So our basement is a MESS of toys and I need to do something! My question is, are the shelves deep enough to put board game boxes in? I realize they might stick out a bit, but don't really want so much of it hanging off that they perpetually fall out, you know?

Any feedback? I think it could be a great solution for other random toys but we definitely have a bunch of games that I want to tame.

Thanks!

tny915
05-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Yes, they're deep enough. We have Cranium Balloon Lagoon in the Expedit--it's standard board game size IIRC. I don't think any part of it sticks out at all.

Mamma2004
05-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Yes, we store all sorts of games and puzzles in our Expedit. Good luck!

nicknack
05-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Great, thanks!

One more thing--is it packaged up in a long way or is it in smaller pieces? I'm trying to figure out if we can fit it in our car or if we need to put it on top of the car or what...I'm thinking we'd get the 2 by 4 one.

JTsMom
05-29-2009, 09:39 PM
The shelves are about 15" deep. They have exact dimensions on their site I believe. Depending on how/where you're putting it, you could always leave it out a few inches if you need more space (so stuff could stick out the back).

I just got a 2X4 at the sale last weekend, and it fit between the seats of my van standing up on it's side. It's a pretty long box- whatever the length of the long side is- I want to say something like 64", but I may be off on that.

srhs
05-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Great, thanks!
One more thing--is it packaged up in a long way or is it in smaller pieces? I'm trying to figure out if we can fit it in our car or if we need to put it on top of the car or what...I'm thinking we'd get the 2 by 4 one.

If you click on the details on the site, they give you the box dimensions. :) The 5x5s come in 3 separate boxes each, and the 2x4 in just 1.

Snow mom
05-29-2009, 11:24 PM
I have fit both a 4x4 and a 2x4 (at different times) in my Jetta. I had to put down half of the back seat so this might not work with a car full of carseats.

nicknack
05-31-2009, 07:51 AM
We got it yesterday and LOVE it, thanks! Didn't take long to set up and our basement is SOOOOOOO much neater now, yay!