PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Buggy Swift Feedback

jp1975
05-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Sorry, I posted this in another forum first.

Hi,

This is my first pregnancy and I am in the throes of finding the perfect stroller. I like the mountain buggy swift quite a bit. I wonder though if you think this would be a good option for a small baby, since it does not have a car seat adapter or bassinet.

My guess is that for the first few months, i would primarily carry the baby in a sling or ergo carrier, but might sometimes want the option of putting him/her directly in the stroller. Was thinking of adding a kiddopotomus snuzzler to it. I was looking at the full-size with bassinet or carseat adapter but it seems so bulky and I'm not sure it would fit in the car for the times we would need it.

Here is my living condition. I live in a city abroad (Dubai, UAE), in a high-rise, elevator apartment, along the beach. The sidewalks are rough, the beach is sandy (obviously). I like to walk a lot and hope to be able to take the baby out with me during the day to meet friends and other moms. However, we do not have a lot of public transportation, so to go elsewhere in the city, we have to drive. We have a small car (Honda Civic). I am pretty resigned to the fact that we will probably get two strollers eventually. My guess is that 80% of my stroller use will simply be walking around my neighborhood/beach and 20% will be out of the car to malls and other parts of town.

Then, getting a lighter umbrella stroller or car seat base for the car. However, the Swift only has the full recline, not the bassinet or car seat adapter. In your experience, is this enough? Or is it a deal breaker? Trying to figure this out now, as I am in the States and want to buy this stuff before I go back overseas, where the selection is limited and everything is twice the price!

Thanks for your input for this very clueless mom-to-be!

strollerqueen
05-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Have you had a chance to check it out IRL? Have you checked out the MB Urban? If you got that one, you could get the carrycot with it. Basically, the Swift is just a smaller version of the Urban. So you would need to decide if you can forgo the carrycot for the smaller size. If you PM me, I can direct you to a site with side by side comparison pictures and measurements of both. The MB's are fine for newborns, and you're right, just put a snuzzler or sheepskin in there for more cushioning. Either way, it sounds like where you live, rugged is the way to go.

jp1975
05-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks for this feedback! Yeah, I'm basically just trying to determine HOW nice is to have a carrycot. And also how cumbersome the full-size would be in real-life situations (malls, restaurants, etc.) I have tested them out in the store, but the store has wide aisles, so it's difficult to determine and since I don't have a baby yet, it's just difficult to know what they would be comfortable in.

Glad to know you think it's suitable though! I like the compact form of the Swift, as we do travel, and it will be easier to bring along.