PDA

View Full Version : Transition from Swing Nap to Crib Nap ASAP

anneliseli
05-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Hi All,

I have read the other posts about this topic, but we are still having issues. Our almost 6 month old daughter is, frankly, way too large to nap comfortably in the swing. She has started crying more and more when we put her in there, but she WILL NOT NAP anywhere else. Last weekend, we tried CIO for naps. We put her in the crib and let her go. She cried almost continuously for 2 hours straight in the afternoon. We finally got her out and into the swing so she could get some rest, thinking she would be too over tired to go to sleep at bedtime later if she didn't get any nap at all.

Nap time has become our living hell. She still takes 3 naps a day, so this is turning into a real life-quality issue for the whole family. HELP!

Thanks in advance!

nfowife
05-31-2009, 07:33 AM
How is her night sleep? I found day sleep is much harder if night sleep is still not great.
Maybe move her to 2 naps a day, and an earlier bedtime. Also did you just do CIO that one time? If you are going to do CIO you really have to commit to it. One time isn't going to cut it. You have to give it a good solid WEEK of being consistent before evaluating if it is effective. But I wouldn't do that for naps unless her night sleep is just about perfect. What is her basic daily schedule?
Usually for naps, I would allow 45 minutes of crying per Weissbluth. At that point I would get her back up and try again at the next nap time. and....repeat.