PDA

View Full Version : Zippy won't lock open

micren
05-30-2009, 09:46 AM
We were on a walk with our daughter in her 2008 Zippy yesterday when my husband hit a curb and the carriage looked like it was about to fold. I checked it out and it wasn't properly locked. It looks like the right-side latch will no longer snap in, no matter what I try. That means the stroller is at risk of collapsing, which means we can't use it until we figure it out.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions for how to fix it? I don't see anything bent or broken. It just won't slip all the way in.
Thanks.

Nooknookmom
05-31-2009, 07:40 PM
We were on a walk with our daughter in her 2008 Zippy yesterday when my husband hit a curb and the carriage looked like it was about to fold. I checked it out and it wasn't properly locked. It looks like the right-side latch will no longer snap in, no matter what I try. That means the stroller is at risk of collapsing, which means we can't use it until we figure it out.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions for how to fix it? I don't see anything bent or broken. It just won't slip all the way in.
Thanks.

If you can't manage to figure out the issue, I suggest *calling* Inglesina. Do not email them, they will not get back to you.

Once you track down a human via the phone, their CS is AWESOME. I had a frame issue w/ my first 07 Zippy and she sent me a new one - I even offered to fax her my receipt and she sent the stroller b4 I made it to the fax!

I'll also take a look at my 07 between tonight & tomorrow and see if I can figure out why it may not lock.

They really are great strollers, my stroller has been used as my workhorse for 2 years and it is still working great.

codex57
06-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Yeah, their CS is pretty understaffed.

I've never heard of that happening, but rather than fix anything, I also suggest calling Inglesina.