PDA

View Full Version : P3 toddler step?

DrSally
05-30-2009, 09:20 PM
So, I don't get the P3 toddler step. DS tried to get on it and was leaning way back. He didn't feel secure. What's the trick to using this?

strollerqueen
05-31-2009, 12:03 AM
Why was he leaning back instead of standing up straight? Was he just not used to it? Or maybe he isn't big enough/old enough yet to hang on?

DrSally
05-31-2009, 12:08 AM
the step seems too close to the stroller. Maybe he was hanging on too high to the handles or the canopy was in his way. There just didn't seem to be enough room for his body wo/leaning back. Are there pics anywhere of a toddler using the step so I can see if I should be doing anything differently? DS is more than old enough to use it--he's 3.5.

bubbaray
05-31-2009, 11:55 AM
I'll take some pics for you later today -- the girls are playing with the GPs and I don't want to interrupt.

Once they get the hang of it, that step is the best.thing.ever. Seriously. I wish I'd never purchased a double stroller. Waste of money -- we use the P3 faarrrrr more often.

egoldber
05-31-2009, 01:13 PM
I still have my Peg Venezia JUST for the ride on feature. Best.thing.ever.

At 3.5, if he isn't that tall, he may have some trouble with it.

strollerqueen
05-31-2009, 01:55 PM
the step seems too close to the stroller. Maybe he was hanging on too high to the handles or the canopy was in his way. There just didn't seem to be enough room for his body wo/leaning back. Are there pics anywhere of a toddler using the step so I can see if I should be doing anything differently? DS is more than old enough to use it--he's 3.5.

Sometimes with younger children it is easier to remove the canopy. Also make sure the seat is fully upright. He could lean forward, against the seat back, and hang on lower. You could try it like that a few times until he gets the hang of it. Then you could put the canopy back on.

Momof3Labs
05-31-2009, 06:54 PM
DS1 is tall (which may change where the handles hit him), but I had to remind him (often, at that age) to lean forward so that his elbows were in front of the handles. So, he didn't hang on with his hands, but his armpits, really. He'd still periodically lean backwards which can send the whole stroller tipping if you aren't on top of things.

DrSally
05-31-2009, 09:14 PM
ok, good tips. DS was hanging on with his hands and leaning backward and totally uncomfortable. I think the canopy was really in his way and it may not have been totally upright. DS is 40 inches. I'll make sure the seat is upright, remove the canopy and do the armpit thing. I hope he can get the hang of it b/c we've never used that feature. I hate to lug my bulky sit and stand when DS *might* want a ride for a few min., as opposed to the zoo or mall where I know he'll want a ride, so I bring the sit and stand.

bubbaray
06-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Sorry, no photos tonight -- DD#1 is sleeping after her last ballet performance!

ITA with Lori about the armpit thing. DD#1 wraps her arms around the handles. I didn't show her, its just how she seemed to do it. SHe started riding on the step before her 3rd b-day.

DrSally
06-04-2009, 09:29 PM
DS was freaked out about his experience on the step, so I didn't push it again, but today at Target, he wanted to get on again. I pushed the canopy forward, made sure his feet were on the step good, and then helped him hook his arms around the handles. It worked and he was really happy he could have a ride. Perfect for when I have DD out and DS wants a quick ride. Thanks for the tips!