PDA

View Full Version : Stroller(s) for $400-450

mcmanutm
05-30-2009, 11:28 PM
I have been researching too much and now I am just confused. I am getting a stroller from my grandma as a baby shower gift. The budget is about $400-$450. If you could get any stroller/strollers in that price range what would you get? Any recommendations?

edurnemk
05-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Depend on what you'll be using it for.

For a suburban lifestyle, I like the Bugaboo Bee or the Peg Perego Switch (I prefer reversible strollers), the Bee is a little over 500, but I think you can find some sales. For outdoor walks, Id' go with the Quinny Buzz, Micralite Toro, or if you prefer a more AT stroller a Baby Jogger City Elite.

strollerqueen
05-31-2009, 04:11 AM
Wow, these prices are amazing! You can get a Quinny Buzz AND the carrycot for around $400! Run, not walk... http://www.albeebaby.com/quinny-2008-collection.html

jacksmoma
05-31-2009, 09:08 PM
a buzz would be great for the first year but it is HUGE and wide (not to mention heavy- 34lbs i think?!) you're def going to want something wayyyy smaller/lighter around the 1 year mark- a bjcm would fit the bill for then. rear-facers are great for the first 6 months though!

edurnemk
05-31-2009, 09:42 PM
rear-facers are great for the first 6 months though!

I guess it depends on the baby and the mother, but I used my Vista in rear-facing mode exclusively until DS was about 13 months old, now he mostly likes to look forward but we still put the seat rear-facing on occasions (when he's napping, when we're at stores or very crowded places). I love talking to him, and making faces and playing while we stroll.

AnnieW625
06-01-2009, 12:49 PM
If I ever found a store locally that had one in stock I'd check out the Peg Perego Uno. I am not wowed by the Bugaboo Bee, but that's just me; it just seems very bare bones looking for that high of a price tag. We have an Uppa Baby Vista and love it (2007). The 2009 models are $650, but honestly well worth it, very well made, and you'll get lots of use out of it. DD is 3 yrs. and still rides in ours! :)

If you are athletic or like to jog/run at all I'd recommend the Bob Revolution, which can take an infant carrier. I have a friend and she says that this can truly be her only stroller. I think the stroller is just under $400.