PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again... Which balance bike for average height 3.5 yo Girl?

kayte
05-31-2009, 10:32 AM
I apologize for not paying attention before.

Tell me what I need in a balance bike. I saw that Amazon still has this one on sale

http://www.amazon.com/WeeRide-12-Inch-Balance-Training-Multiple/dp/B001DYVMGI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

but I think it's too tall for DD. And do we want a place to put her feet?

What does everyone have that they love?

DrSally
05-31-2009, 11:38 AM
We have the Strider, but it's the shortest balance bike out there, so it was good for DS to start with when he was 2.5. We bought the Weeride (haven't put it together yet) for him as it seems the Strider is getting a bit short (he's tall 3.5, about 40 inches and would be at the lowest setting with room to grow). If you want something in between, is there a bike shop you can look at the Hotwalk (more expensive though).

kcimato
05-31-2009, 07:17 PM
I bought the Strider for my grandson for his 3rd birthday. He did quite well on it. At Xmas when he was 3 1/2 he won a small regular bike at a Xmas party.My DD took the training wheels off and away he went in a few tries. It was a tad big for him in comparison even though it is 12", so that took some getting used to. The strider does have a place to put their feet.

Canna
05-31-2009, 09:49 PM
We recently got the Wee Ride for our DD and she loves it, but she is tall for her age and turned 4 in January. We have the seat on the lowest height.

new_mommy25
06-01-2009, 02:29 AM
My DD just turned 3 and she can ride the Wee Ride with the seat all the way on the lowest position.

brittone2
06-01-2009, 03:28 PM
DS got a Puky at age 3 and it worked well. He still rides it at 5, but it is getting small (he's also on the shorter side overall).

I think the Puky ones are much harder to find now than they were when I bought for DS.

Piglet
06-01-2009, 03:45 PM
We bought the Weeride and it did wonders for DS1, but it felt too big for DS2. Not huge, but big enough that he was not interested and scared of falling. Other kids his size or age might do better on it. It is a really nice bike though.